GPA specific US schools

Hi All, I wish to enquire which US b-shools are very much GPA specific. Also how do I convert 65.8% marks to a GPA? Evaluator

Hi All,

I wish to enquire which US b-shools are very much GPA specific. Also how do I convert 65.8% marks to a GPA?

Evaluator

Hi All,

I wish to enquire which US b-shools are very much GPA specific. Also how do I convert 65.8% marks to a GPA?

Evaluator

Well, there are diff theories out there on "How to convert your percentage into GPA". But the fact is that the Bschools will accept your percentage as is, if you tell them that your under-grad college did not use the GPA method for grading students. They will accept your percentage as is - that's my understanding.

If you really have to do it, i guess you should do it relative to the percentage of your class topper.

Does anyone have a better idea reg this!?!?

Iday
Well, there are diff theories out there on "How to convert your percentage into GPA". But the fact is that the Bschools will accept your percentage as is, if you tell them that your under-grad college did not use the GPA method for grading students. They will accept your percentage as is - that's my understanding.

If you really have to do it, i guess you should do it relative to the percentage of your class topper.

Does anyone have a better idea reg this!?!?

Iday

I think I have... iam not sure about all the colleges, but some colleges have consultants who are credential evaluators. They send your transcripts to them to have them evaluated to the US equivalent and then they take that standards. The credential evaluating company is supposed to have taken into account your course's rigour, your university's grading system(its strictness et all).. But some colleges,like u say, take your marks as it is. Some go in for relative grading. Some others, dont give too much importance to your academics at all... This was my experience on applying to USA for MS degree.. Guess it shouldnt be too different for MBA too as far as evaluation of the transcripts go...

And yes, there are the GPA specific schools and the "Overall Personality" schools. Its important that you research which institution matches your profile/background and apply there.... From my knowledge, schools like Georgia Tech/Univ of Texas at Dallas etc are GPA specific schools. But schools like Rice and Univ of Minnesota etc are "Overall Personality" Schools. And then there are the Ohio State University type, "standardized exam scores are most important" kinda schools..

Send your marksheets to WES.They verify and evaluate international students and give them there US GPA