GPA's needed for top B-Schools

Hi everyone, Its a long time since i came to the forum. I had a small query of how much gpa’s are generally required by the top schools so that …the GPA wont be a reason to worry. My GPA is only 3.05 and I really need to know if that will …

Hi everyone,
Its a long time since i came to the forum.
I had a small query of how much gpa's are generally required by the top schools so that ...the GPA wont be a reason to worry.
My GPA is only 3.05 and I really need to know if that will cause a problem. Does your place of graduation change the perspective...for example if one has graduated from a premier institute in the country with an avg gpa and some from a lower college with a very high gpa.

Thanks
Regards
Preet

In my experience, MBA schools would give you the opportunity to explain your GPAs and if you feel that your GPA does not reflect your true potential you could talk about it. I am sure you are planning to compensate for it anyways with a strong GMAT ( 700+, Aim for 750+ as Indian applicants tend to represent a high GMAT and sometimes low GPA/no GPA applicant pool) . Final golden words : Don't worry about it unless you could improve it !

Please bear in mind that a lot of applicants don't even have GPAs to report however they are still able to convince the adcoms at the top 30 schools.

Recognition of Indian Institutions would be limited to IIT/IIM and a few other colleges which have appeared in their applicant pool with significance so they would give you a chance to talk about your institution. But try not to spend too much space in your essays justifying yourself as most of the people like to listen to positive spiels 😃

To an extent i believe that GPA is important..
All top Schools ask fr 3.4 as CG..
Tat maynot be the exact number fr B-skuls
But it is important nevertheless..
Bcos it reflects an attitude of a student towards studies..
It shows how sincere a person is..
It also shows that u possss an aptitude in a line which u hav chosen fr urself..
A gud GPA will always cum in handy..
But if its a thing of the past fr u..somethin which u cnt help improving..
thn u cn get a gud GMAT score and think about a valid reason fr the same..

Mansoor

What kind of overall GPA doI need to get into top B schools?