Got A Call From Thunder Bird

HEY GUYS, I am samarth this side, Profile-- S/w engg, < 2 yrs of exp GMAT -680 working in an MNC right now. i have a call from THUNDER BIRD, #1 in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS in world. they have given me a schol of $32…

HEY GUYS,

I am samarth this side,
Profile--

S/w engg,
GMAT -680
working in an MNC right now.

i have a call from THUNDER BIRD, #1 in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS in world.

they have given me a schol of $32k (50%) as well.

But right now i am in a dilemma because:-

i did talked to couple of Alumnii and they said that------
1-Not many tech firms come to college, so tech guys have less chance of geting placed
2-As it is on the west coast,so very far away from the industry, so chjances of getting placd urself ar very les as industry is on east coast.
3-Whatever Companies come, they recruit perople to be theur representatives outside US, ie europe, latin America, china, korea etc as INternational Business is not that famous in US.

But on the other side-----

1- It is number #1 in INt MBA, The brand name Counts a lot.

2- It has a very strong alumnii network, so i can make lots and lots of contacts.

3- I can get my MBA from a world class school at a decent amount, due to 50% fee waiver.

I want to get into a college with good ROI,

Some said that as i have a call from SUNY_BUFFALO as well i should prefer that, as although it has no brand name, it is closer to industry and has a very good placement cell as well.

PLs guide me if u have some knowledge about the same.

i have also applied to

Texas A&M-; intv done...result expected

MICHIGAN_BROAD
IOWA_TIPPIE
TEMPLE_FOX

thanks
samarth

Hi Samarth,
Congrats on your admit. Thunderbird is an excellent school. Its very well known in the south west region and its program is amazing.
I stayed in Phoenix for over three years and have met some students of Thunderbird in the past. They rave about the program.
There are lots of tech industries in Phoenix. it is a big hub and california is within driving distance from Phoenix. So proper networking will overcome a rather poor placement cell in the school. But I have heard that placements are really bad in the school. I dont know if that has improved over the past 3 years but I am talking abt 2001/2002.
Added to that you have a great scholarship. So it shd make life that much easier.

All the best.

Venkat

Hi Samarth,
Congrats on your admit. Thunderbird is an excellent school. Its very well known in the south west region and its program is amazing.
I stayed in Phoenix for over three years and have met some students of Thunderbird in the past. They rave about the program.
There are lots of tech industries in Phoenix. it is a big hub and california is within driving distance from Phoenix. So proper networking will overcome a rather poor placement cell in the school. But I have heard that placements are really bad in the school. I dont know if that has improved over the past 3 years but I am talking abt 2001/2002.
Added to that you have a great scholarship. So it shd make life that much easier.

All the best.

Venkat

HE Venkat,

Thanks for the reply.

Do u have any idea about the nature of the comapmnies that come there, ie do they recruit for US only or outside US,
Also it has a huge batch size, which is an added diadvntage to thunderbird, because of their exceptionally high acceptance rate(80%).

Also I have been admitted at TEXAS A&M; as well(finance) ,,,if u have some views about this college as well then do let me know....
this colege is #2 in terma of ROI in world,............

Also do let me know about your professional background as well

thanks
samarth

hey guys pls reply to my quries

thanks
samarth

Hi Samarth,
Me too in a same boat as yours. 50% tuituon waiver from thunderbird & an admit from AIM, Manila.

What have u decided???
Any contact address of current students there???

Trying to gather some info about placements & credibility of t-bird with fortune 500 companies. No luck yet.
If u have any info plz share.

My Id is [email protected]