Hey guys, This year, I passed out from one of the top grand ecoles in france and now I wish to share some of my experience, which may be a help for those aspirants who wish to move to france for pursuing MBA. After cool experience of seve…
This year, I passed out from one of the top grand ecoles in france and now I wish to share some of my experience, which may be a help for those aspirants who wish to move to france for pursuing MBA. After cool experience of seven years in multinationals, I decided to go for one year MBA to make my career move fast. I choose a college in France after going through the website, after going through the discussions with the dean of the school, and after going through other portals.
Everything looks cool, when we see in the direction, we want to see. however after reaching there, I realized that what is seen is not realistic enough and I might have done some mistakes in choosing the right MBA college. I never regret on my decision, since I manage to achieve what I wanted. However I really wish that the important aspects that I missed should not be missed by other aspirants. So some personal cool advice from my side: (PERSONAL)
1) Do not choose GRAND ECOLES for MBA. Grand Ecoles are not meant for management students. They are famous for Engineering and Technical orientations. Usually they have a placement / career centre, however, they do not have contacts for MBA's to get some jobs / internships.
2) Do not get in flow of what Dean is saying or what other local faculties are saying. Try to ask about the school from Guest faculty (If necessary)
3) See the Alumni condition thoroughly. Do not believe what website show. In the school, I was studying there is a severe dispute between Alumni and School Authorities, however if you see website of school, it shows that the Alumni conference was a hit.
4) Ask only Indian Alumnis your questions of making a move in that Institute. Do not believe what other nationalities say about the program. It is very very difficult for us to find a job there. Other nationalities especially EU / US / Japanese / Koreans do not require work visa to work there, however we require. No matter how good are you, it is still difficult.
5) Check the curriculum thoroughly, now a days there are some companies who sponsors two months consulting project. School take this as biggest opportunity to make students attracted towards them. If you try to establish how many companies come for the project, you will be amazed to know that only those companies who are partnered with those french Institutes come and the no. is not more than 2 or 3. Moreover these companies have corporate responsibilities to give these projects and nothing else, so do not get caught in that.
6) See how much is the average time to get a job for an Asian alumni, specially Indians.
7) Last but not the least, if you had blocked some amount in application and Ist installment, do not think twice to change your mind. Some times, it is better to loose something rather than loose every thing.
I did a lot of research before going there, however this is my only advice for deciding on MBA college
NEVER CHOOSE GOOD, GO ONLY FOR GREAT !!
If you do not score good GMAT, try again, but in any case do not get caught with those INSTITUTES who say we are good.
Name of my Institute is EDHEC BUSINESS SCHOOL and if you have any kind of queries / doubts, feel free to contact me.