Golf!

This is one of the games which I do not understand at all… any golfers on PG who can shed some light? Ketan

1 Like

This is one of the games which I do not understand at all......

any golfers on PG who can shed some light?

Ketan

well its fairly simple my frnd.....U have a big green park u have a small white ball and u have clubs and u have a small hole in the ground....the hole is the ball's home and it doesnt want to go there....so u beat the ball with the clubs....u keep beating him till he goes home.......and then u feel so good with this sarcastic pleasure.....u do it to 17 more balls..
Simple na 😃

its not as simple as it sounds..to start with there is a golf course..which normally has 18 holes
then green is known as the fairway.your first shot is generally off the tee..as small plastic
thing on which bu balance the ball n drive..the aim is to complete the hole in the minimun
no of shots..that determines your score...for instance to complete a round(18holes) one generally
72 shots..so if u finish in 78 your score become 6..if u finish in 70 your score is -2..
at 72 would be par and is written as E also known as scratch..that is how your handicap in
golf is calculated..its basically how many shots you take to complete a hole...
now comin back to the course..u have the long stretch known as the fairway..the area around
the hole is known as the putting green..there are a host of golf clubs that r used in a game.
a person is allowed to carry a maxium of 14 clubs in his bag...which range from the putter
for putting..sand wedge,putting wedge..1-9 irons and the woods..the numbering of the iron
is basen on the angle of the head..so if u wanna hit a 250 yd shot u choose a 1 iron or a 5 wood
and if u wanna go down then u increase the no..as in 225 yards-2 iron and so on...but that
also depends on how well u play..as ametuers hit 250 with a driver n pros n cover the same
distance with an ironn...
there is lots more to golf...but hope this'll give u fairly good idea of the game...

My god...pretty complex.....

anyway thanks for the info buddies

Ketan

Thomas bjorn hits 6 under par to take a one stroke lead in qatar masters.

Hey pgites please any golf fans what's the leaderboard looking like at the avantha masters

Yeah getting a ringside view here in Gurgaon.
lovely fairways and nice sunshine.
Cabrera bello is making mincemeat of the course with 8 under,
Shiv Kapur and SSP Chowrasia(back to form after victory in indian masters in 200 are leading the indian challenge.

SSP going strong on the final day with S.Singh in top 5.
Go India go .voila

its not as simple as it sounds..to start with there is a golf course..which normally has 18 holes
then green is known as the fairway.your first shot is generally off the tee..as small plastic
thing on which bu balance the ball n drive..the aim is to complete the hole in the minimun
no of shots..that determines your score...for instance to complete a round(18holes) one generally
72 shots..so if u finish in 78 your score become 6..if u finish in 70 your score is -2..
at 72 would be par and is written as E also known as scratch..that is how your handicap in
golf is calculated..its basically how many shots you take to complete a hole...
now comin back to the course..u have the long stretch known as the fairway..the area around
the hole is known as the putting green..there are a host of golf clubs that r used in a game.
a person is allowed to carry a maxium of 14 clubs in his bag...which range from the putter
for putting..sand wedge,putting wedge..1-9 irons and the woods..the numbering of the iron
is basen on the angle of the head..so if u wanna hit a 250 yd shot u choose a 1 iron or a 5 wood
and if u wanna go down then u increase the no..as in 225 yards-2 iron and so on...but that
also depends on how well u play..as ametuers hit 250 with a driver n pros n cover the same
distance with an ironn...
there is lots more to golf...but hope this'll give u fairly good idea of the game...

Ganja covered most of the ideas. My uncle tried teaching me once. As he made me listen to commentary, there were a few technical terms that came up.

A hole in one - Getting the ball into the hole in one swing
Eagle - 2 shots less than par
Birdie - 1 shot less than par
Bogey - 1 shot over par. (Double, triple, quadruple bogeys are extensions of this)

Guys , get set for arizona match play championships this week with tiger in action after his t-20 at dubai.
he has worked on his swing.
lets see,over to the greens

Martin Kaymer becomes the new No.1 but loses to Luke Donald in the accenture wgc matchplay.
things are hotting up between lee westwood and kaymer.
we are in for exciting times .

Hey the 140th open championship begins today,i am big fan of mcllroy,hope he does the rare double by winning the british open after winning the open championship four weeks ago. There are westwood,donald,kaymer and mickelson are the serious contenders,hope to see a good week at the Royal St. George's and louis oosthuizen is the defending champion.

Interestingly golf is in a state of flux with the last 13 majors being shared with 13 different people.
One is not used to such a scenario in golf since pre Tiger days.
all eyes on rory who is the next big star on the horizon.
My best memory of the British Open is the 2009 championships where the not so young Tom Watson was on the verge of winning but faltered and lost in the playoffs to Stewart Cink.

I will be glued to 3 rd major this year like always .

And reports suggest tiger may be retiring soon but don't know the authencity.Ya,that was a great moment in 2009 for stewart cink was watson couldn't control the nerves.

tiger wont go anywhere .
he will be back and win a few more majors.
mclroy has had a poor start.

Bjorn leads and he was lucky enough to play as vijay opt out.

The 2nd day is going on and the cut is expected to be around 3 or 4 over,ernie els is having a rough day.jimenez is playing great guns and mcllroy is 4 shots behind the leaders,let's see what's the leaderboard looks at the end of the day.

Woods win a title after 2 years,can it be his 2nd coming,birdies at 17th and 18th in final round to clinch the title by a shot.