Goizueta Business School Fall 2012 Applicants

Hi, I am a first year student (class of 2013) at Goizueta Business School, Emory University. As a Goizueta Ambassador, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the application process, academics, life at Goizueta etc. for …

Hi,

I am a first year student (class of 2013) at Goizueta Business School, Emory University. As a Goizueta Ambassador, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the application process, academics, life at Goizueta etc. for the batch starting in Fall 2012.

Goizueta Business School values professionalism and so, I request you to refrain from asking questions about other business schools or GMAT/GRE exams. I used pagalguy extensively during my research last year and I appreciate that you might want to discuss these topics among yourself, all I ask is that don't put me in a tough spot by directing such queries to me.

Since the first semester tends to slightly busier, I might (sometimes) take more than 24 hours to reply to your questions. Also, often I might have to 'ask around' to give you the most comprehensive and credible answer, which could delay my replies.

GBS is a great place to be, and I look forward to seeing most of you here next year.

Best regards,
Goizueta Ambassador

Hi,

I am a first year student (class of 2013) at Goizueta Business School, Emory University. As a Goizueta Ambassador, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the application process, academics, life at Goizueta etc. for the batch starting in Fall 2012.

Goizueta Business School values professionalism and so, I request you to refrain from asking questions about other business schools or GMAT/GRE exams. I used pagalguy extensively during my research last year and I appreciate that you might want to discuss these topics among yourself, all I ask is that don't put me in a tough spot by directing such queries to me.

Since the first semester tends to slightly busier, I might (sometimes) take more than 24 hours to reply to your questions. Also, often I might have to 'ask around' to give you the most comprehensive and credible answer, which could delay my replies.

GBS is a great place to be, and I look forward to seeing most of you here next year.

Best regards,
Goizueta Ambassador

Hello Goizueta Ambassador,

Great to have you around!!

I am applying to Goizueta in the Oct 21st deadline and pretty excited about it as based on my research so far, Goizueta seems to be a wonderful school and a great fit for my profile with factors such as GMSC, Marketing Analytics electives...

Here is my profile:
Working as a Senior Analyst in a Research and Analytics firm in India.
Work ex is a combination of IT + Analytics...Total experience is 4 years as of now
Post MBA goal: Marketing Analytics/Consulting
GMAT is 720/5.5

However, I am just concerned about the funding.. Do you think my profile with a 720 will be able to get decent scholarship?

Furthermore, I will start with the most cliched questions:

Can you share the scholarship information of the students in your batch? Second, how is the recruitment scene coming up in Goizueta esp. for Internationals?

Regards,
Eminem

Hello Goizueta Ambassador !

I am so happy to see a post from Goizueta ambassador.I couldn't find any ambassador/current student/alumni's information on the Emory's website.I am applying to Goizueta in round 1 & was just waiting for some Goizueta current student to start this thread.Thanks a ton ! :D

My brief profile is as below
700/24/Indian female/B.Tech (61%)/38 months of work-ex.

I would like to ask
a) How it feels to be in Goizueta ? How Goizeuta changes you as a person and as a professional?
b) I would like to come back to India after completing my MBA.How well know is Goizueta brand outside US?Will I be able to find a good job in India?
c) I am not willing to take TOEFL and I read on the website that if you have done your graduation from an Indian institute where medium of instruction is English,then you need not take TOEFL.But while performing selection process do they prefer candidates with TOEFL score than those wihtout TOEFL score?
d) Lastly , I would also ask the same question Emin3m has asked above.

Thanks !

Hello Goizueta Ambassador,

Great to have you around!!

I am applying to Goizueta in the Oct 21st deadline and pretty excited about it as based on my research so far, Goizueta seems to be a wonderful school and a great fit for my profile with factors such as GMSC, Marketing Analytics electives...

Here is my profile:
Working as a Senior Analyst in a Research and Analytics firm in India.
Work ex is a combination of IT + Analytics...Total experience is 4 years as of now
Post MBA goal: Marketing Analytics/Consulting
GMAT is 720/5.5

However, I am just concerned about the funding.. Do you think my profile with a 720 will be able to get decent scholarship?

Furthermore, I will start with the most cliched questions:

Can you share the scholarship information of the students in your batch? Second, how is the recruitment scene coming up in Goizueta esp. for Internationals?

Regards,
Eminem

Hi,

I'll start by saying that you have made the right decision by choosing Goizueta. I can't give a specific answer on scholarship as the trend varies from one year to the other, but the scene is usually good at Goizueta. Having said that, don't give scholarship much weight-age, rather concentrate more on academics, reputation, extra-curriculars etc.

Recruitment for second year students has just begun and the pipeline looks strong. You will have to wait for the official stats which are disclosed at the end of the year. Most of the jobs, especially in consulting industry, are as open for international students as they are for domestic students.

Regards,
Goizueta Ambassador
Hello Goizueta Ambassador !

I am so happy to see a post from Goizueta ambassador.I couldn't find any ambassador/current student/alumni's information on the Emory's website.I am applying to Goizueta in round 1 & was just waiting for some Goizueta current student to start this thread.Thanks a ton ! :D

My brief profile is as below
700/24/Indian female/B.Tech (61%)/38 months of work-ex.

I would like to ask
a) How it feels to be in Goizueta ? How Goizeuta changes you as a person and as a professional?
b) I would like to come back to India after completing my MBA.How well know is Goizueta brand outside US?Will I be able to find a good job in India?
c) I am not willing to take TOEFL and I read on the website that if you have done your graduation from an Indian institute where medium of instruction is English,then you need not take TOEFL.But while performing selection process do they prefer candidates with TOEFL score than those wihtout TOEFL score?
d) Lastly , I would also ask the same question Emin3m has asked above.

Thanks !

Hi,

It feels great to be at Goizueta! The professors are amazing, the courses are well structured and exciting, the batch is small so I know everyone by name, the administrative staff is extremely helpful (especially wrt international students). Goizueta, within the first two months, has transformed me into a better communicator, a more knowledgeable MBA student, and a strategic thinker.

Getting a job after completing MBA from US depends a lot on networking, irrespective of where you wish to land up. Also, a school's brand is built through its alumni. The good thing about Goizueta is that due to the small batch size, the student-school bond is strong. So if you can find alumni in your desired location and industry, I am confident that they will go the extra mile to help you.

I need to confirm regarding TOEFL for this year. However, just to let you know, I did not take the test last year.

Regards,
Goizueta Ambassador

Hi GBS2013,

Its a great initiative by you to guide the class of 2014 hopefuls . What field (like Finance, Marketing) are the strengths of Goizueta ?

Thanks GBS2013 for your reply!
a) Can you please advise what should be the budget of a two year MBA student?
b) What are the interest rates on loans offered to International students?
c) I understnad from the website that various on campus part time employments are available.Can one succesfully complete his/her Goizueta MBA while doing such jobs?
d) What % of Indian students receive scholarships and what is the average package offered to each student?

I know this is too many questions? But Goizueta is my first priority & I just want to check out each & every possibility of financing my MBA?Can I ask financial aid officer such question or they will take it in a -ve way?

Thanks !

Hi Guys,

My name is Ankur and I am applying Emory R2
My profile details are as:
710/BTech/84 months of work exp in telecom operations.

GBS2013,

Could you post something more about your background so we can better know what we can and can't ask you?

Hi GBS2013,

Its a great initiative by you to guide the class of 2014 hopefuls . What field (like Finance, Marketing) are the strengths of Goizueta ?

Thanks! You can't make it to the top B-school list by focusing on one function. From what I have observed, Goizueta has strengths in various functions including strategy, finance, marketing etc., both in terms of academics and job placements.
Thanks GBS2013 for your reply!
a) Can you please advise what should be the budget of a two year MBA student?
b) What are the interest rates on loans offered to International students?
c) I understnad from the website that various on campus part time employments are available.Can one succesfully complete his/her Goizueta MBA while doing such jobs?
d) What % of Indian students receive scholarships and what is the average package offered to each student?

I know this is too many questions? But Goizueta is my first priority & I just want to check out each & every possibility of financing my MBA?Can I ask financial aid officer such question or they will take it in a -ve way?

Thanks !

a) The annual budget is always mentioned on the website and it is more or less accurate.
b) Goizueta has a loan program for international students with Emory Alliance Credit Union, which offer loan at Prime Rate plus 3.00% (Financial Aid - Graduate / Professional Business - How to Apply for International Students)
c) I'll get back to you on this
d) I think I have already answered a question about scholarships. Please check my previous replies.

My suggestion would be to not bombard anyone with questions related to financing. One or two questions are acceptable.
GBS2013,

Could you post something more about your background so we can better know what we can and can't ask you?

You can ask me any question about Goizueta and I will find the answer for you (if I do not already know OR if the Q is inappropriate). I would not like to bias the nature of questions by sharing my background. However, during the course of your applications, I might throw in some subtle hints. So keep watching this space! 😁
GBS2013 Says
Thanks! You can't make it to the top B-school list by focusing on one function. From what I have observed, Goizueta has strengths in various functions including strategy, finance, marketing etc., both in terms of academics and job placements.

Yea... completely agree with you. I plan to enter Management Consulting post MBA. Could you shed some light on the volume of hiring by the Big 4 Consulting firms for their Atlanta or other offices from Goizueta ?

Subscribing.
Applying for OCt deadline.
710/5.5
4 yrs at 2 Indian IT majors
Excellent acads
Decent extra curricular.

GBS2013,

Thanks for taking the efforts to reply to our queries.
I have applied in the Early Action round for Fall 2012 two year course at Emory.

The date for final decision for EA is mentioned as Oct 12th.

Can you please let us know if the calls for interview have already gone out to International applicants for the EA round?
I have not seen any updates from anyone at pg or gmatclub forum.

About myself:
Indian Male.
8+ years experience into IT (various roles and last 2 years top US bank).
750 (Q50/V41), AWA 5.5.
Undergrad: B.E. from Mumbai University, average academics.

Thanks,
Sumit.

GBS2013,

Thanks for taking the efforts to reply to our queries.
I have applied in the Early Action round for Fall 2012 two year course at Emory.

The date for final decision for EA is mentioned as Oct 12th.

Can you please let us know if the calls for interview have already gone out to International applicants for the EA round?
I have not seen any updates from anyone at pg or gmatclub forum.

About myself:
Indian Male.
8+ years experience into IT (various roles and last 2 years top US bank).
750 (Q50/V41), AWA 5.5.
Undergrad: B.E. from Mumbai University, average academics.

Thanks,
Sumit.

Wow, man I like your strategy of going in early. I think you ll make up for a strong case for both - admit and financial aid.

Cheers!

Could you tell us about the activities of the the clubs at Goizueta?
Are they entirely managed/organised by students?
How well are they supported if say they plan something ambitious, but requiring significant funding?
How is the selection process for getting into a club, if there is any.

Could you tell us about the activities of the the clubs at Goizueta?
Are they entirely managed/organised by students?
How well are they supported if say they plan something ambitious, but requiring significant funding?
How is the selection process for getting into a club, if there is any.

I think clubs at most of the schools are directed towards students who want to intent to specialize in that area, secure internships and land up with a job.

Most of the activities revolve around the above and the 1st year students take some inputs from the 2nd year students to better understand the placement scenario and networking available.

This is pretty general but I am not sure if these clubs specifically will do something requiring funding.
Wow, man I like your strategy of going in early. I think you ll make up for a strong case for both - admit and financial aid.

Cheers!

Thanks mate, as of now I am just awaiting any sort of update from the ad com. The concern with Emory is that it has very few seats, so the competition is not so much easy.

All the best to you!