Goizueta Business School - Fall 2010 Applicants

Hi, I couldn’t find any thread on Goizueta Business School - Fall 2010 Applicants, so am starting one. ATB to everyone. - Vivek

Hi,

I couldn't find any thread on Goizueta Business School - Fall 2010 Applicants, so am starting one.

ATB to everyone.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

I will also be applying to Emory for Fall 2010. Could you share your profile and other targetted schools as well?

My Profile is as follows:

GMAT: 710
Exp.: 4+ yrs by Sep,2010 IT
Acads: ok ok
Extra Curr.: Not much, except that i play a lot of sports like Lawn Tennis, Badminton,Pool,Snooker, Squash

Target Schools: HKUST,HKU,CEIBS,NUS,KATZ GSB and EMORY
Specialization interested in: General Mgmt/Strategy/Entrepreneurship

I have lead a team for some time, have worked for many different clients and many subdomains within Banking.

My short term goal is to get a Consultant profile after mba may be in a small firm and then build my profile up for the Consultancy Biggies in 2-3 yrs after MBA. And, after 10-15 yrs, if everything works out start my own venture

Here it goes:

B.Tech - IITR
Exp: 6+ yrs by Sep 2010 ( 2.5 yrs Intl exp)
Extra Curr: Good
GMAT : 720

Target Schools : Not decided yet.

- Vivek

Hi Everyone,

I just submitted my Emory application yesterday, so thought of making an introduction to this thread.

My profile-
GMAT: 740
Toefl: 104
Work-ex - 4 years by fall 2010 (in I.T and business development )

-A

I too will be boarding the flight for admissions at GBS,Emory.

My profile
Exp : 3.8 yrs by time i matriculate
IT Male
Decent extra curriculars and community.
Will aim for the Nov deadline. Have not started work on the application to date.
Caught up with two other applications. Hope to start on GBS application soon.

I too will be boarding the flight for admissions at GBS,Emory.

My profile
Exp : 3.8 yrs by time i matriculate
IT Male
Decent extra curriculars and community.
Will aim for the Nov deadline. Have not started work on the application to date.
Caught up with two other applications. Hope to start on GBS application soon.

Which other two apps are you working on currently? I guess Ross is one of them?

BTW... I am also planning to apply to EMORY but by Dec deadline as I am really really stuck with my work now.

Hi guys...
I am aiming at Goizuete..
My profile :
GMAT : 710/ 5 AWA
Industry : IT (Telecom) 6 yrs by 2010 fall, project lead
Acads : decent
Extra curr : President Scout, Currently Fellow of BSG (Bharta Scouts Guide),
Scout merit badge examiner n some work at NGOs

Aiming at : MS / MBA dual degree... fits for my post mba goals (Product management)
Goizueta, McCombs, GA Tech (aspirational)
TAMU, Krannert, (Mid level)
Eller MIS (at the lower end)

Current status: started with my essay for TAMU and McCombs

here to get updates and to be in the flow...

hey alphasumit

Seems more or less the same profile as mine...
I guess u r aiming mostly at Asean schools.... any specific reasons...
I had been to CEIBS last summer... seems like they mostly like people with huge experience + some interests towards chinese language or exposure to chines culture... try build on it

Hi Everyone,

I just submitted my Emory application yesterday, so thought of making an introduction to this thread.

My profile-
GMAT: 740
Toefl: 104
Work-ex - 4 years by fall 2010 (in I.T and business development )

-A

Thats fast.... good luck

Guys, this is Amit from Goizueta Class of 2011.. Gr8 to see u ppl interested in Emory.. ANd special congos to Ankur for an early submission.. (I hadn't even started my essays at this time. 😃 )

In case u have any Qs about Emory, you can post on this thread I and a few other students will be tracking that thread and will try to answer your queries.. I'd recommend all of u to go through this thread at least once.. This will give u a fair idea of what Goizueta is.

Drop me a private message in case the query is very specific. But it may take some time b4 i get back to u..

Guys, this is Amit from Goizueta Class of 2011.. Gr8 to see u ppl interested in Emory.. ANd special congos to Ankur for an early submission.. (I hadn't even started my essays at this time. 😃 )

In case u have any Qs about Emory, you can post on this thread I and a few other students will be tracking that thread and will try to answer your queries.. I'd recommend all of u to go through this thread at least once.. This will give u a fair idea of what Goizueta is.

Drop me a private message in case the query is very specific. But it may take some time b4 i get back to u..

Thanks Quizophobic, will surely have some questions popping for u soon !

Hi...wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about interviews from emory???

they have a rolling admission in place so I tht maybe we can expect to hear something in a month's time after submitting application

The Emory site says "Official transcripts should be sent directly from ALL undergraduate and graduate schools attended". Does it have to be sent by the college itself? And does this have to before the deadline or after securing an admit? Kindly confirm whether the Nov 1 deadline which is the Early Deadline is same as the Early Application deadline

Submitted my app for R1.

Puys,

I paid my application fee some 2-3 days back, but haven't got any confirmation mail....i have mailed admission office, but no reply 😞
And one more thing...in reco submit confirmation mail, we get a link to get network id and see app status....has anyone tried that ?? I am not able to get into it

Did anyone get an i/v call yet? I have submitted my app for Nov 1 deadline (submitted it quite long time back !) but I have not got any response yet !

One query : Do we have to send in the official GMAT and TOEFL scores (through gmac and ETS ) at the time of application or we can send the scanned version of score report when applying and later if we are accepted then send across the official report?!

Hi Amit,

U, along wth ur frnds, have done an awesome job of sharing ur exp with Goizueta. Thanks fr tht :)

I have got my appln almost ready and planning 2 send it across....bt b4 tht wanted to confirm one point frm u.

While submitting the appln, (a) is it ok to attach scanned copy of original transcript and then submit the original hard copy, if admitted...... OR ..... (b) is it required to send the hard copy during the appln process itself ?

I m really sorry if i have missed to chk this info in a previous post 😞

Hey Friends,
I received an email from Emory inviting me for Super Saturday...While I have not yet submitted my app, can anything be inferred from it..Did anyone else received such mail???