Goa Institute of Management Admissions [2011-13] HelpDesk

Hi Friends, Goa Institute of Management will very soon be coming up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. …

Hi Friends,

Goa Institute of Management will very soon be coming up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a pleasure to be able to address the queries regarding admissions to Goa Institute of Management for the 2011-13 batch. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.

Regards!

Hrishikesh Mishra
PGP Batch 2009-11
Goa Institute of Management
Ribandar - 403006
Goa

Hi Friends,

Goa Institute of Management has finally come up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a pleasure to be able to address the queries regarding admissions to Goa Institute of Management for the 2011-13 batch. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.

Regards!

Hrishikesh Mishra
PGP Batch 2009-11
Ribandar - 403006
Goa

Thank you so much... I have been so eagerly waiting for GIM's notification.

Regards,
Dev

cut offs and any particular strategy to be adopted??... i mean sectional cut-offs related??

wats d last date for the submitting d form

thnx god finally notification releaed. i am waitng for it since one college..

Hi all,
I sincerely apologize for the initial post and creating a confusion.

The notification is still not out but will be out very soon. So till then if you want to ask anything in general about GIM and related to the last year's procedures, feel free to post.

The information about the notification would be posted as soon as its comes.

Regards!

Hrishikesh Mishra
PGP Batch 2009-11
Ribandar - 403006
Goa

I want to know certain things about gim..
1. average ctc...whether 100% placement or not?
2. fees per annum?
3. last year cut off in xat?

Hi Friends,

Goa Institute of Management will very soon be coming up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a pleasure to be able to address the queries regarding admissions to Goa Institute of Management for the 2011-13 batch. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.

Regards!

Hrishikesh Mishra
PGP Batch 2009-11
Ribandar - 403006
Goa

Thanks Rishi for starting this thread.
Was waiting for long to see this thread come up :)

We would try our best to answer all your queries to the best of our abilities.

n yea Wishing all of you the very best of luck for the MBA season 2010-2011 !!
nirmit28 Says
cut offs and any particular strategy to be adopted??... i mean sectional cut-offs related??

Selection Criteria :
Batch of 2010-2012 - Profile based selection with a minimum XAT score of 85%ile. No sectional cut-off's that we know of.

Batch of 2009-2011 - Cutoff Xat score was 93%ile overall , with a minimum of 60%ile in each section.

We don't have any idea on what the criteria for this year is going to be.

So be prepared for anything.

I have a small query here. Investment Banks like JP Morgan Chase visit GIM. What type of profiles do they offer to GIMites ? Are the profiles offered for investment banking or are they for some other division of JP Morgan Chase? Kindly clarify.

I want to know certain things about gim..
1. average ctc...whether 100% placement or not?
2. fees per annum?
3. last year cut off in xat?

You can get all the info from the GIM placement report at the following link.
http://www.gim.ac.in/uploads/studprofile/1_placefile_GIM%20Placement%20Report%202010.pdf

The information about fees is at the bottom of this page.
Goa Institute of Management, Ribandar Goa India, India's premier Management Institute.

Have heard a lot about the institute from seniors n GIM alumni...

Waitin eagerly for the GIM appln process to start.....had been waitin for days.

I'd lyk 2 knw if HSBC,JP Morgan Chase nd CRISIL visited the campus dis year for placements nd if yes,then what profiles have they offered to the students....also whr can I get info on the alumni of GIM(pass-outs 7-8 yrs back)?Secondly have you guys moved in to the new campus nd is there any change in fees expected bcause of that?

Rahul Sood Says
I'd lyk 2 knw if HSBC,JP Morgan Chase nd CRISIL visited the campus dis year for placements nd if yes,then what profiles have they offered to the students....also whr can I get info on the alumni of GIM(pass-outs 7-8 yrs back)?Secondly have you guys moved in to the new campus nd is there any change in fees expected bcause of that?

Firstly , we have no data on this year's placement at GIM.
For last year's data you can refer to the placement report and last year all the 3 companies you mentioned did visit GIM.

Regarding GIM Alumni details and as a member of the Alumni association, we cannot share Alumni details with any of the people who are not associated with GIM.

You can try your luck through websites such as LinkedIn.

And yea, PGP1's are already in the new campus and regarding any change in fees, we can only confirm once we get any news from the management.

Thnx 4 d info Mayur...Can u plz tell wat profiles were offered by these companies?nd secondly what is the % of freshers in the batch?

Rahul Sood Says
Thnx 4 d info Mayur...Can u plz tell wat profiles were offered by these companies?nd secondly what is the % of freshers in the batch?

I am not too sure about the profiles.
If i get some info from the placement cell, would let u knw.

and %age of freshers in the batch of 2012 is 27%

till wen is the notification expected?

Slightly different question, but cant stop myself asking!!!
how is the campus of GIM???
I've heard a lot about it but last year's prospectus showed some "to be constructed" campus on it!!!

GIM is a great institute to reckon wd...eagerly awaiting to try for it..
but i was amazed to see its name in institutes accepting AIMS ATMA test score for 2011-13...in the ATMA website...
i would like to know about this developemnt from GIm seniors..
how can a college which is used to take 92+ thro XAT can get into ATMA list with all obscure crap b school names(only welingkar sumwhat a decent name among all of them)even last year im very sure GIM took only through XAT..

i would like to know info in this regard