Goa Institute of Management Admissions [2010-12] HelpDesk

Hey Friends, Goa Institute of Management has finally come up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a…

Hey Friends,
Goa Institute of Management has finally come up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a pleasure to be able to address the queries regarding admissions to Goa Institute of Management for the 2010-12 batch. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.
Thanks,
Ashley Mathew
PGP 2009-11 Batch
Goa Institute of Management
Hey Friends,
Goa Institute of Management has finally come up with its admission notification. So all you GIM aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, you could start posting your queries here. It would be a pleasure to be able to address the queries regarding admissions to Goa Institute of Management for the 2010-12 batch. We would try our best to help aspirants know the college better and understand what it takes to be here.
Thanks,
Ashley Mathew
PGP 2009-11 Batch

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for starting the thread. I have some queries, and would be glad if you could clarify them:

1) What is the approximate cut off %ile at which one can expect a call?
2) Are there sectional cut off's also?
3) Does the college provide hostel accommodation for married people, if they want to bring their spouse along?

Thanks,
Mohit.

On behalf of all the PGP-1 & PGP-2 I welcome all the future students of GIM.

Some ground rules:

1. Pl don't ask us to guide u on GIM vis a vis other B-Schools.
2. Dont compare GIM to other B-schools.
3. Ask such queries on PM.
4. We wont entertain any derogatory comments on ne person, GIM.
5. Pl see the thread before putting up a query, may be ur query has already been answered.
6. DO NOT POST XAT ID ON THE THREAD. PM THEM TO ME

All the Best for The process. And hope to see u all in GIM.

PS: few of last year links
2009-11 ADMISSIONS THREAD : http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/life-b...anagement.html (Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management ))

Interview with the Former Director of GIM: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/articl...ntake-but.html ("Companies may reduce intake, but no reason to panic yet" - GIM Director)
Regards,

SHREYE MEHTANI

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for starting the thread. I have some queries, and would be glad if you could clarify them:

Thanks,
Mohit.

1) What is the approximate cut off %ile at which one can expect a call?
Last Year the cutoff was 93%ile overall and 60%ile sectional. This year it might change.

2) Are there sectional cut off's also?
As mentioned above there was a sectional cut-off of 60%ile in each section.

3) Does the college provide hostel accommodation for married people, if they want to bring their spouse along?
No, the college does not provide accommodation for spouse. Though this matter can be discussed with the authorities in personal.

Hello Sir, I have one dout about GIM, Goa collg. I got to know there is one Quota(seat) which is for Goan origin/domicle.. now my ques is my birth is from goa, i have birth certificate, my mother is aslo from goa.. but my education is from karnataka.. so i wanted to know whether i m eligible for this category ... or something else is der about dis category..or which student can apply for this.. plz help... thank u........

virajvarde Says
Hello Sir, I have one dout about GIM, Goa collg. I got to know there is one Quota(seat) which is for Goan origin/domicle.. now my ques is my birth is from goa, i have birth certificate, my mother is aslo from goa.. but my education is from karnataka.. so i wanted to know whether i m eligible for this category ... or something else is der about dis category..or which student can apply for this.. plz help... thank u........

Viraj there is NO Quota for people with Goan Domicile. They just have a relaxation in Cut-off percentile. So after they get a call they are at the same level as other non-domicile candidates. Well if u have a goan domicile certificate ur eligible for the relaxation. The certificate is essential w/o which ur a general candidate.

Hope this solves ur query.

PS: Dont address me as Sir.
virajvarde Says

Hi Viraj,

I would like to add a bit to Shreye's point.

In order to be eligible to be called for the GDPI round of GIM's admission process you are required to clear the XAT cutoff score. Last year's cutoff stood at 93 percentile.

However, the qualifying cut-off XAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile/origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be supplied along with the completed Application Form. Your birth certificate is sufficient proof for you to qualify as a candidate of Goan origin.

Please note that at the GDPI round all the candidates would be competing on an even basis. As Shreye has rightly mentioned above there is no quota for candidates with Goan domicile or origin.

Hope this helps clear your doubts.

Thanks,
Ashley Mathew
PGP 2009-11 Batch
Hi Viraj,

I would like to add a bit to Shreye's point.

In order to be eligible to be called for the GDPI round of GIM's admission process you are required to clear the XAT cutoff score. Last year's cutoff stood at 93 percentile.

However, the qualifying cut-off XAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile/origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be supplied along with the completed Application Form. Your birth certificate is sufficient proof for you to qualify as a candidate of Goan origin.

Please note that at the GDPI round all the candidates would be competing on an even basis. As Shreye has rightly mentioned above there is no quota for candidates with Goan domicile or origin.

Hope this helps clear your doubts.

Thanks,
Ashley Mathew
PGP 2009-11 Batch

Just one addition, last year we had an Essay PI round instead of the Regular GDPI.

All GIM 2010-12 aspirants please feel free to ask any questions/doubts ul have.We will try our best to answer them as far as possible.

Friends,
We are pleased to inform you that GIM has begun with the online registration for PGDM 2010-2012 batch from today 15th September 2009.
Applicants will have to go to www.gim.ac.in for the online application. Login with your XAT ID (2010) and password and fill in the desired information.
You can make the payment by demand draft or by cash at Coaching Institutes namely: IMS, Career Launcher or T.I.M.E.
All these three coaching institutes will start collecting the application fee from 25th September 2009.
Following are the details on the application amount:
Rs. 1100/- for registration being done on or before 10th December, 2009
Rs. 1500/- for registration being done after 10th December, 2009
IMPORTANT DATES:
Last date for registration 31st December 2009
Last date for GIM to receive payment 2nd January 2010

The link for online application is :

GIM Online Registration

thanks for starting this post to all seniors ,, may one apply to gim after one gets his/her xat score ?
abhinavmonty Says
thanks for starting this post to all seniors ,, may one apply to gim after one gets his/her xat score ?

I am sorry but you cannot apply to GIM after you get your XAT scores..

the last day for online registration for GIM is : 31st Dec 2009

and

last date to receive DD / Receipt and PA form at GIM is 2nd Jan 2010
I am sorry but you cannot apply to GIM after you get your XAT scores..

the last day for online registration for GIM is : 2nd Jan 2010

and

last date to receive DD / Receipt and PA form at GIM is 2nd Jan 2010

Just a small correction guys in accordance wid the above post!.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Last date for registration 31st December 2009 ( rather than 2nd Jan...Shreye Zyada Pad Mat L :-)!!)

Last date for GIM to receive payment 2nd January 2010

Cheers !!

Just a handy Guide on the Registration process!

GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT

Just a handy Guide on the Registration process!

GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT

Hi Mayur Sir....

Can you please elaborate the Slection procedure of GIM....
How much weightage is given to wrk exp......

My humble request to all aspirants.
Please dont wait for the last date. Believe me you are applying to one of the "Best B-Schools in the country" and you cant afford to get delayed for any silly reason reason at the last minute.So start applying as soon as possible so that u can then concentrate on cracking the XAT and obtaining the required cut-off for GIM.
And yes... this year u can expect the cut-off percentile to be more higher. So be prepared...

Hi Mayur Sir....

Can you please elaborate the Slection procedure of GIM....
How much weightage is given to wrk exp......

Hi kaushal !..

This is the procedure mentioend on the site....and one which was followed last time..

The final selection will be made tentatively in April 2010 on the basis of XAT scores (50% weightage), the candidate's past academic performance (10% weightage), performance in face to face evaluation process (30 % weightage) and work experience (10% weightage), if any.

Face to face evaluation included a personal interview and an Essay....No GD's

n NO SIr from Next time plzz...

In order to be eligible to be called for the GDPI round of GIM's admission process you are required to clear the XAT cutoff score. Last year's cutoff stood at 93 percentile.The cut off might increase this year.Also u need to have a minimum Sectional cutoff of 60 Percent.
Regarding your 2nd question i would like to clarify that the final selection is made on the basis of XAT scores (50% weightage), the candidate's past academic performance (10% weightage), performance in face to face evaluation process (30 % weightage) and work experience (10% weightage) , if any.

But it doesnot matter even if u dont have work ex as ultimately what matters is your Overall Score. So if you are a fresher but have excellent Acads,interw, and extra curriculars, no one can stop you from entering GIM.