GMAT Verbal Section

Hello Junta, Me’s gotta be hitting the books for taking up the GMAT in a couple of months. I don’t see too many issues with the Quant Section, but the English Section is troublesome for me :: Any leads on more practice exercises for R…

Hello Junta,

Me's gotta be hitting the books for taking up the GMAT in a couple of months. I don't see too many issues with the Quant Section, but the English Section is troublesome for me

Any leads on more practice exercises for RC/VA based on the GMAT. Haven't seen many specific section related books. Kaplan, Princeton etc etc have very limited exercises in the English section and I need more of them to get a proper feel of them.

Hope you guys can help me out with the proper resources

Regards,

I know u'd expect me to be the last person to reply a query regarding GMAT Yet it is life rey... expect the unexpected....

This has a lot of CR/RC stuff...
I'd also suggest yahoogroups
-GMATTutor
-GMATTutorData
-GMATTutorData2

HTH

Bharathi.:!:

LOL.. How can I forget.. you gave me the gmatclub.com URL .. SO NO, you aren't the last person I expected to reply

Ya forgot to mention that...

CAT:PaGaL GuY :: GMAT:GMATClub

Bhars :!:

I think gmat verbal is very, very weird and am still to figure where i went wrong when i took it. I got screwed royally in Verbal, with getting quite a lot wrongs in Sentence correction.

I would advice u to go thru www.businessweek.com/bschools and go thru the threads there...........they are simply the best man !! (errr......ofcourse after the pgforum i mean )

hth

Arun

I would advice u to go thru www.businessweek.com/bschools and go thru the threads there...........they are simply the best man !!

I've seen quite a few threads there and all of them point to PR, Kaplan and the OGR. I need some more help in terms of the verbal section. For this, they have verbal workbooks by Kaplan there in the US. But these books are not in print or available in India. So what do Indians use for getting upto speed on the Verbal/RC front in terms of the GMAT ?

hey PG,

i have heard bout this ETS guide on VA/AR which is supposed to be good.....if i am correct u should be able to get it at USEFI bombay if they got a branch there....this is somethin someone mentioned long back to me.....is this the book u talkin bout??

Z

AHoy Zeus.. I haven't heard of that guide. I'll search on it once I get up .. Any more leads folks ?

Nothing much, but some inside info. The GMAT that appears all over the world, sort of uses the same database pool for the same period. So questions I got 3years ago have little chance of being repeated. But questions which appeared 3 weeks ago in Tel Aviv have a higher chance of being repeated in Delhi

Okay, here is the inside info, though ETS prohibhits it, everyone who takes GMAT usually puts up a few questions in the www.businessweek.com/bschools forum and I got 2 questions in quant thanks to that

Arun

Aite mate. Thanks for the info. Will definitely hit the site and get those questions a couple of weeks before I take up the GMAT.

Verbal is the pain .. and is the bane of most of the folks in India. Hell everyone here seems to ace their quant

heya PG.......gmat...well....me not exactly sure if this works or not, but u cud give it a shot......i do remember seeing full-length tests ("actual" ones) on some chinese sites.....that was when i was preparing for gre 😉 .....long time back, but last heard in the media, a few sites were recently taken down by ETS....so it sure does go on even now...... went thro' babelfish then back then they didn't have much info abt gre...but gmat.....they had loads of qns....some as videos recorded thro hidden webcams :!: ......anyways.....google zindabad

Cheers

This has a lot of CR/RC stuff... Bharathi.:!:

Hey Bhars.
Nice to see u posting again.. 😁 😁 !!! BTW.. have u checked these sites.. PGz.. the chinese stuff i downloaded long time back were more like OG replica...someone had the time & patience to sit & type it out...

Anyways... thats it for now.....PG thanks.. for making this section.. atleast theres something I can look out for every morning at pg.com.. I was tired of hearing & redaing about CAT...

tadaaaa...
Simba

err....sowmya......that was bharathi posting...well....almost 6months back me moved these old topics so that ppl wud have something to take forward on :)

Cheers

err....sowmya......that was bharathi posting...well....almost 6months back me moved these old topics so that ppl wud have something to take forward on :)

Cheers

And I thot... our dear bhars is back... 😞 😞
Simba Says
And I thot... our dear bhars is back... 😞 :(

Latest update about bhars is that she is B*U*S*Y (as always ) with her job. She has gracefully accepted the IIM GD/PI calls and you can expect her to post about them sooner or later!

regards,
Praveen
praveen Says
And I thot... our dear bhars is back... 😞 :(

Latest update about bhars is that she is B*U*S*Y

We do have enough informers amongst us... dont we.. Congarts Bhars.. 😁 😁

ahh .. Verbal ... thats what its all about :)

me about 3 weeks away from the test. referring to usual Kaplan, PR, ARCO & of course OG for practice in verbal. RC/CR look to be under control (except in some tests where reality strikes ) SC is the achilles heel. Am still not able to mug those 9-10 standard types..

but now that I have got a feel of the matter & after seeing some 98+ %ilers' experience .. me thinks .. idea is to get the basics of grammar in place & then cutting down on mistakes. getting all progressively tough questions is anyways nearly impossible .. unless you are shooting for 800

as regards resources, me browsing gmatclub.com .. it has lotsa material & other useful links ...

& yeah Bharathi .. that link looks good. thanks 😃

Hii PG
This is kiran from hyderabad. Could u please guide me to those chinese sites containing GMAT stuff
😛

Question of the day - GMAT / CAT Verbal (Sentence Correction)