GMAT V/s CAT/IIFT/SNAP

HiThis is my first post in PG (joined PG specifically for this). I am in a conundrum, would be obliged if you could help.My profile is - Xth - 88% , XIIth - 84.2% , BE - 65.5%Work Exp - 2.5 yrs as of today (2.3 with Infosys and rest with H…

Hi

This is my first post in PG (joined PG specifically for this). I am in a conundrum, would be obliged if you could help.

My profile is -

Xth - 88% , XIIth - 84.2% , BE - 65.5%

Work Exp - 2.5 yrs as of today (2.3 with Infosys and rest with HSBC Software Development). Will be 3 years by the time of the exams/interviews.

Co-curriculars/Achievements - Not many to write home about.

I have never written any MBA exam nor have I ever prepared for any. I am thinking of joining an MBA programme next year. My confusion is - whether to go for GMAT (and try for ISB, Great Lakes, SP Jain among others), or to go for CAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT.

I am pretty strong in English and LR, but Quant is my undoing. GMAT being easier on Quant and harder on English and Resoning, seems more like my cup of tea. Also, I am not sure if this is the right time to start preparations for CAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT. Even if I do go for CAT, I feel top institutes like IIMs, MDI, FMS would be out of my reach. I feel I have a chance to go through TAPMI, IMI, FORE, SIBM, NMIMS though.

now, my query is - 1. is doing an MBA from these institutes after having 40 yrs of work ex a good idea? , 2. TAPMI and IMI also accept GMAT scores. As such, I have to choose between going for IIFT/IITs/SIBM through CAT/SNAP and ISB/Great Lakes/SP Jain through GMAT. Which of the two is the better option?, 3. What chance do I stand of gaining admission into these institutes through GMAT even if I score good, say, 700, in GMAT, considering my profile?

I know - big, confusing post. But that's my life right now *shrugs*