GMAT takers January-2007

All u ppl taking up ur GMAT in january 2007 , lets get together and help each other get better scores … Anyone’s gotta study plan ?

All u ppl taking up ur GMAT in january 2007 , lets get together and help each other get better scores ...
Anyone's gotta study plan ?

Am takin it in JAN..

Hi,
my G-days on Dec21....but in case you need it...I can upload the material I have which is substantial n e format so that all u prospective GMatters may benefit n hit the G-spot!:grab:
cheers
devan

hi
Devan can u pls upload the stuff u have ?

thanks,
a :,
chakravarthy

hi all,
please download the stuff from the following link. I will remove it in about a week so please make sure that youve downloaded it before that.

Index of /~deva/GMAT_stuff

cheers
devan:

by the way, the directry is called GMAT_stuff...and please go through the readme file before you download it.

devan Says
by the way, the directry is called GMAT_stuff...and please go through the readme file before you download it.

He Devan, It will be better if you upload the individual files, if that is possible as it can take a lot of time.

BTW also enlighten what did you feel about the verbal section. Supposedly it has been changed and SC question now test other things besides Grammar.

Hi,
well..ive copied the entire directory which would allow you to download stuff as per your wishes.
my Gmats on dec 21. will be following it up with a mammoth post on my experience....yeh waada raha....(only in case I cross the 700)
cheers
devan

HI Devan,

You are GOD:satisfie: . Thanks so much for all the stuff...I am planning to take the test in june 07..(the 300 hr game plan :satisfie: ). I hope u come out unscathed and give some goood gyan....

thanks again buddy 😉

Anybody from Mumbai /Pune here?
planning GMAT mumbai meet

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mumbai-gmat-guild-2007-25019294

Hi Devan,

Thanks a ton buddy...though i have most of the materails, but i was looking for Manhattan SC very desperately...thanks a lot. I am thinking to give GMAT on 10th Jan....means only 40 days preparation( I'll start now)...is it managable or going to be sucidal...plz comments. Youe suggestions are welcome..You can PM me aslo.

All u ppl taking up ur GMAT in january 2007 , lets get together and help each other get better scores ...
Anyone's gotta study plan ?

Hi
I'm Ashok from Chennai, currently working in GGN. My D-day is 29th Jan-06. Just started with my prep...
Just a brief about myself - CA with 4 years work exp;working in a FMCG MNC

Will be using the following books:
(a) OG
(b) Kaplan guide
(c) kaplan Verbal guide
(d) Princeton Manual

Also will be taking mock tests from 800score.com and GMATprep
Kaplan test is very demotivating....took 2 last week and got 610, 610,
princeton I got 710 but found the quant standard to be very low...dunno if thats the standard in GMAT

Hi guys,
I am planning to take GMAT in Jan end. I have no idea where to start. In fact, I dont have much idea of GMAT test pattern either. Can someone please help me regarding

1. Test info
2. Preparation strategies
3. Material to be used

Thanks in advance,

abu

hi devan,

thank u very much

Since you guys are appearing for GMAT in Jan, I assume that you are planning for Spring season. I needed some information. Do you guys have information about the b-schools in US and UK that have batches that start in Spring.

Hi
I'm Ashok from Chennai, currently working in GGN. My D-day is 29th Jan-06. Just started with my prep...
Just a brief about myself - CA with 4 years work exp;working in a FMCG MNC

Will be using the following books:
(a) OG
(b) Kaplan guide
(c) kaplan Verbal guide
(d) Princeton Manual

Also will be taking mock tests from 800score.com and GMATprep
Kaplan test is very demotivating....took 2 last week and got 610, 610,
princeton I got 710 but found the quant standard to be very low...dunno if thats the standard in GMAT

Quant in final GMAT is easy. This is what happened with me.

When i use to solve the GMAT at home, sitting pretty in my chair sipping tea while solving the quant part, I was very relaxed and finished this section consistently 20 minutes before time. In the real GMAT, I kept checking and re-checking my answers in quant and had to rush through the last five answers and completed this section with just 30 secs to spare.

My entire startegy in GMAT was to somehow anyhow get 50 in quant so that i would score about 700 if i got more that 38 in verbal. At the end i got 730( Q50\V40). So in sum, the math is simple in GMAT, its just that the checking and re-checking may lead you to lose some more time on a problem. Just take care of this.
Silas Says
Since you guys are appearing for GMAT in Jan, I assume that you are planning for Spring season. I needed some information. Do you guys have information about the b-schools in US and UK that have batches that start in Spring.

I dont think its worth the time and money for applying in the third round of US B schools;it makes sense to wait till Aug 2007
if ur particular abt US B schools, Columbia has a batch starting in Jan-08 but thats a very small batch -150 students and is meant for budding entrepreneurs - I'm not sure abt the placements for this batch.
INSEAD's Spring batch begins in Jan-08 and first round of appl begins in Mar-07 - this shuld suit u...
Hi,
well..ive copied the entire directory which would allow you to download stuff as per your wishes.
my Gmats on dec 21. will be following it up with a mammoth post on my experience....yeh waada raha....(only in case I cross the 700)
cheers
devan

Thanks a tonnne Devan ...Really helpful stuff!!! Wish you all the best for ur test ....

Hi all,
I have started a new thread called MJJs Dec party...you should be able to locate it. well, most of you should already be knowing that MJJs are monthly questions that have actually come on the test and ar priceless. I have 3 months worth of mjjs that i will be putting up...wud be great if u cud join the discussion there and post ur answers and doubts....wud be gud for u and for me...this wud also give me an impetus to put up more stuff that will be very useful for future gmat aspirants...
cheers
devan