GMAT Takers Jan 2008

*Hi Pguys and Pgals, I would like to start this thread for all the people taking GMAT in JAN 2008.Lets discuss all the aspects of the exam prep and how each one of us is progressing…What strategic plan each one of us is having for next 3 …

Hi Pguys and Pgals,

I would like to start this thread for all the people taking GMAT in JAN 2008.Lets discuss all the aspects of the exam prep and how each one of us is progressing.....What strategic plan each one of us is having for next 3 months.What are the problems,doubts etc,etc.....

Thanks,
Ajay

Hi,

i'm planning to give the test in Jan first week..
just started with my prep..

Any one in Mumbai to take GMAT in Jan?

Hi kitts,p_gupta,
Are you taking the test for the first time ? please shear your current plans ,doubts,questions so that,We can help each other.
Thanks,
Ajay

Yes, I will be taking the GMAT for the first time.

Started with reading a lot of posts in PG as well as collecting some standard material!

hi,
yes i'm giving it for the first time..
just started with Princeton review study material..

Hi guys,

I am Sumit...I have a work ex of >2 years and plannin to take GMAT in Jan....but I am nt sure to go for classes...
Some ppl suggest that all classes are same but some say that u shud go for classes.
So out of Jambooree n princeton - which one is betr if I choose to attend classes.

I also heard about Wisdommart, but donno really howz it...

Can any1 help & advise me ASAP.
Though i have started collecting the study material but skeptical of joining classes...can anyone thro some light over here....

Thnx

hi Sumit,
that's a tough question..
i donno abt the class thing.. but classes do give u a proper schedule to study..
what abt Veritas classes?? have u heard abt that prog..

Hi...no not really heard of it..is it in Delhi ?Well i m thnikin to join wisdommart as i have heard from a frnd that they give u special attention n all that stuff..so a bit betr..lets see...

anyways m goin for the trial classes for Jambooree on Sat n wisdommart on tues...will chk out princeton too...

hey guys,

i have 3+ yrs of exp. working in a IT mnc.
have just started prep. for GMAT. would appear for it in jan most probably.

its a good place to interact with fellow gmat takers !!

i was searching for top b-school ranking and profile.

can u guys help me the that, as well as std. reference material that would be useful for prep.

thx

hey guys,

i have 3+ yrs of exp. working in a IT mnc.
have just started prep. for GMAT. would appear for it in jan most probably.

its a good place to interact with fellow gmat takers !!

i was searching for top b-school ranking and profile.

can u guys help me the that, as well as std. reference material that would be useful for prep.

thx

Hey nice to meet u...can u tell me which institute u have joined..if any ?
wat about the other instis ?

Hi clown,
Read this completely.
How I Got a 770 in GMAT

Thanks,
Ajay

Hi,

ya they are gud as well..
veritas is the US prog that career launcher is offering..
've heard it's a gud one..

u attend the trial ones.. n then let us all know.. which one is the best..

Hi clown,
Read this completely.
How I Got a 770 in GMAT

Thanks,
Ajay

Hi,
Thanks for the link..
but what abt people who are taking classes..
they already get too much study material n practice tests to solve..
Hi,

ya they are gud as well..
veritas is the US prog that career launcher is offering..
've heard it's a gud one..

u attend the trial ones.. n then let us all know.. which one is the best..

Hey I tried Jam (only the VA class) but it was just ok as compared to Princeton (again VA, which was really awesome). Today I am going to try Wisdommart but somehow I am skeptical for Career Launcher's Veritas so I might not go for its trila.

But most probs I'll be joining Princeton (NFC, Delhi).
Lemme know which one u join ?
baaki howz the prep goin on with u guys ??

Thanks Ajay for the pointers on study material.

Guys, I have one query which many of us must have had at start of prep.
Its already mid nov. By when should one take gmat, when does the appln. for various b-school open, and when does the final admin is confirmed and when does one actually join the b-school.

do they have multiple addmision cycles per yr.

Please provide pointers to the Qs above.

10x

Hi Clown,

Generally the admission cycle R1(Round 1) for all US and other universities start in July-Oct onwards.Every school do have multiple rounds like R1,R2,R3,R4(which goes till Feb-March...) .The general cycle is like as follows:
June----March : Rounds in which schools invite applications from all the applicants
Jan-June :Interview calls and final selection
June Onwards: School confirms the admission by giving you the admission letter
July-Oct: MBA First Year college starts

This is very generic and some schools may have different time lines which you can confirm by going though admission page of the school website.

Hope this helps.

My plan is go give GMAT and TOFEL till MARCH 2008 so that, from March onwards I can get enough time for writing application essays,getting recommendation letters..

Thanks,
Ajay

HI,

Why is this group so silent..
hey..
we'll wud be giving our GMAt in Jan..

so lets start discussing the test plans n strategies..

Hi frnds,
I am Bino, Planning gmat 2008 in feb...in US now..hope I can appear frm here ..so hows ur studies going on?