GMAT Takers in Kolkata

Hey Puys… Anyone taking the GMAT from Kolkata? I am taking it at the end of August 2008. Will be good if we did a bit of planned studying and resource sharing… Cheers! Ankit

Hey Puys..

Anyone taking the GMAT from Kolkata?

I am taking it at the end of August 2008. Will be good if we did a bit of planned studying and resource sharing..

Cheers!
Ankit

Hi Ankit this is ankit here,am planning to take gmat around 2nd week of september.I stay in salt lake and work for IBM.Lets meet up sometime ,so as to share our material/experiences.

Hi Ankit
Yes man!... I'm ready, anytime. Just let me know. You can PM me your number here on PG. I will get in touch with you immediately.
Cheers!..

PS: Howz it going, btw?... which books, n stuff?

Hi Guys,
I am Kaustav, appearing in GMAT end of this August. I am also working in SaltLake, so did u guys already meet each other? So how are the prep going? What kind of materials you guys are following.

~Kaustav

Hi Kaustav
Nope.. We are planning to meet one of these days...
referring to the OG, and Kaplan at the moment... can also go thru Princeton Review if you are a little weak..
When exactly is the date when you take the exam? How are preps with you and what material are you referring to?
Cheers!
Ankit

Hi Ankit,
Nice to have ur reply...I am appearing on 29th August..time is quite less...preps are not that good...its difficult to do prep & job both together...still trying to find out 1-2 hrs everyday for prep...I am following mainly OG & Manhattan...I am okay in quantitative but having problem in scoring the verbal...even my speed in verbal is going to be a major concern...I am not being able to complete the verbal section in time...so how is ur prep...have u taken any mock tests yet...when r u taking the exam? Do u have any idea about the Princeton Review center in Kolkata...how is it?

~Kaustav

I am takin gthe exam on 25th of this month.
Preps not good for me either.
Hmm princeton.. or manyagroup is pretty bad!.. cant post too many comments on the forum as i think its against the rules.. but trust me you could rather spend the rs 25000 on vacation than go there!!..
hope that sums it all!

hi guys!!am planning to take GMAT in the next 2-3 mnths..anybody wanna join me for studin'??i stay in salt lake:)

hi i m planning to take the gmat in the next 3 months...i have the OG and Kaplan book with me...
can someone suggest whether a classroom coaching is required for gmat??? if yes then please suggest which one to go for in kolkata??? kaplan,princeton or ims or something else??

Hi,

I also stay in saltlake and planing to write gmat in the next 2-3 months. Im just starting my prep. I can join you for studying and material sharing. Let me know your further availability.
btw, howz your study going on?

uptowngirl92 Says
hi guys!!am planning to take GMAT in the next 2-3 mnths..anybody wanna join me for studin'??i stay in salt lake:)

Hi,

I also stay in saltlake and planing to write gmat in the next 2-3 months. Im just starting my prep. I can join you for studying and material sharing. Let me know your further availability.
btw, howz your study going on?:xmas:

Is this thread dead now or anyone following...Please PM me as i am going to sit for the exam around July-2011 and would be fine to do group study .
Thanks .

Hi! man!

I am also preparing for GMat...intend to give it somewhere in may - June....it will be nice to share resources with you and do group study.....how do we go about it....can we meet or talk...

Folks ,
I am giving it in August 11..Looking for other aspirants in saltlake area 2 xchnage ideas..

Want to retake GMAT within a month, my previous scores are 640( Q46, V33) on Sep 2010, 590( Q49, V23) yesterday
Can anyone suggest which institute is better Kaplan or Princeton review.

Hi Puys,

I am planning to take GMAT on Nov-Dec. I have been looking out for good coaching centers in Kolkata. I have visited all IMS, Manya and Chopras (Kaplan) and following are my observations.

IMS is just not the right place for GMAT coaching. They actually dont invest much time and resources for GMAT research as much as what they do for CAT etc. Their test structures for GMAT are also quite similar to that of CAT, which is ridiculous. They might be one of the best for CAT coaching but certainly not recommended for GMAT.

As for Manya (Princeton), I feel they have quite a rigid curriculum and I also skeptical about their course content and the faculty. Though I spoke to one of their faculty members but really didnt find out anything extra ordidinary from him. I have also gone through their website and could not get much information about their Kolkata centers from alumni or anyone else. In fact some of their last high scores are mentioned in the website but none listed from Kolkata.

Coming to the Chopras (Kaplan) , I found that they are much more organised and are providing lot more material and support for GMAT coaching. They are also having a flexible curriculam, so if you miss few classes in your course, you can probably make up at the earliest for those, which is quite good for a working person. Through their website, we can get to have some overview of the Kolkata center and also few high scores from Kolkata have been listed as well.

Overall, I found Kaplan to be more convincing that Princeton. The course content and practice tests which are being provided by Kaplan are also more extensive than that of Princeton. Also, as I have spoken to few of my friends who have already taken GMAT, they said that after Manhattan, a Kaplan material is better than a Princeton one. When I have visited both their centers, I found that in Kaplan, their explanations were quite good and satisfactory whereas in Princeton, they were basically trying to push me into taking the course such that their sales target for the month could increase/be achieved. The funny thing is that Manya people are calling everyday and asking me to join the course because they want to reach their sales target (probably they are not at all interested in my career)

As for the counselling part, I have come to know that Princeton counselling is very bad. In fact, I have seen that first hand as one of my friends had taken their counselling. The counsellors hardly give much time to the students and show not much interest as well. I am not aware of Chopra counselling and they told me that they will guide on that once I am done with the GMAT whereas on the other hand Manya people wanted me to take the counselling package as well from the beginning itself.

Cost of the course is almost same for both. Manya is charging 25000 for GMAT and 31000 for counselling whereas Chopra is charging 23200 for GMAT

Overall I am quite convinced with Kaplan and have decided to take their course. Though I know one of my very close friends have done princeton coaching from south india and got a 700 score in GMAT but still I find Kaplan as a better deal as I get more extensive package and practice sessions at a relatively less amount.

Looking for your suggestions. Please let me know if I have made the correct decision or not. As there is not much time, I will need to enroll within a few days so would definitely appreciate an early reply.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have u Joined the Kaplan ..How was ur feedback

Hi,

i have literally JUST STARTED with GMAT and would like to know where do i begin?

Guys Please do help me. I am looking for GMAT Classes . Please do suggest me which is better e-GMAT or BYJU GMAT. Seriously need help . I am finding very difficult to ghave strength to study. I have decided to attend GMAT but in lot of confusions which one should i join. Can anybody please help.

If any of the guys have used BYJU GMAT tablet please do help and if anybody at all have used e-GMAT experience please help me.