GMAT Study iN Kolkata/Calcutta

Hi, I am preparing for GMAT and am new in this city. Hence have no idea about the resources and prep institues here. So thought about starting a group wherein we can study together and chalk out our action plan. I am absolutely new to this PG…

Hi,
I am preparing for GMAT and am new in this city. Hence have no idea about the resources and prep institues here. So thought about starting a group wherein we can study together and chalk out our action plan.
I am absolutely new to this PG.com, hence please accept my apologies for any mistakes.
Thanks,

Utsav

Hi vastu,
I am also from kolkata.and planning to appear for GMAT some time during sept'10.So it will be great if we can form a group in kolkata.

Hi Saubhik,
Nice to find someone in unknown city interested in same pursuits.

Let me intoduce myself. I am Utsav and am working professional, I plan to take GMAT by Jul-Aug so as to apply in the first round of most of the unis. Most of unis have first round of apps from Sept mid week. Also second thing is that we need to work on GMAT+SOPs, Essays etc, so I would suggest you to prepone your GMAT date to Jul-Aug (if convenient). Rest we can work out something.

Hey man...thanks again. Please tell me somthing about yourself.

Thanks,

hi
i am also from kolkata and i am planning to give GMAT in September..are u all joining any coaching?any idea how to start preparing?
Ria

hi,

I am not joining any coaching as GMAT is more self study oriented. Also I have taken GMAT once, so I just need to concentrate to correct my mistakes.

What about you? Have you started any kind of preparation or not?

Tks

Hi,

I also think that for GMAT no coaching can help you out.

If you have not started yet then u can start with OG12 and manhattan SC guide.After that u can consult KAPLAN.

thanks,
Saubhik

Hi,
I am also from this city and planning to take the exam sometime around July-Aug.
One thing I really need some help/guidance is in choosing the 5 b-schools that I want to send my scores to. Like what should be the strategy et al since we will not know our final score before applying to these 5 schools.
Also I would like to know something about the financial helps and scholarships that are usually available.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Saubhik,
Nice to find someone in unknown city interested in same pursuits.

Let me intoduce myself. I am Utsav and am working professional, I plan to take GMAT by Jul-Aug so as to apply in the first round of most of the unis. Most of unis have first round of apps from Sept mid week. Also second thing is that we need to work on GMAT+SOPs, Essays etc, so I would suggest you to prepone your GMAT date to Jul-Aug (if convenient). Rest we can work out something.

Hey man...thanks again. Please tell me somthing about yourself.

Thanks,

Hi,

Even I plan to appear for my GMAT in end July/early august. It would be great if we can team up and help each other out.

I have just started off with my test prep and I am swearing by OG12 and Kaplan Advanced for now. What about you guys? What preparation strategies are you guys adopting?

Even I am going to start with OG12 and Kaplan. how much time are u devoting for this everyday? I am preparing for my CA final also so I dont hv a lot of time to study for GMAT? How shud i go about this?
Ria

Hi,

OG12 is good asset as it will make you acquainted with types of question ask in GMAT.However, if you can get hold of material for basics such as Manhattan/Princeton etc then it would make you well aware of what concepts you need to study and then you can lay hands on OG12 for practising.
Regards,

Also check out www.mba.com for a blog on average duration required to be put in for GMAT. Its kind of quantitative but helpful.

I am in a similar bind. Courtesy my job, I cannot afford to devote too much time to it every day. I am trying and devote at least around 2-3 hrs on weekdays. I try and make up for the lost hours during the weekends.

I am trying to complete OG12 first. Once done with that, I will get to Kaplan Advanced and Manhattan Sentence correction. OG12 helps you with the basic GMAT prep. Kaplan and everything helps u build up on that.

Even I am going to start with OG12 and Kaplan. how much time are u devoting for this everyday? I am preparing for my CA final also so I dont hv a lot of time to study for GMAT? How shud i go about this?
Ria

Guys, those of us who are there in this thread, can we form a study group, meet and review each others preparation from time to time and help out each other with our queries? Anyone interested?

I am just going with OG12 currently.
If you have the Kaplan Advanced in soft copy can you pls share it with me.
Also does the " Kaplan Advanced " cover all the sectionals like OG12?

rajivchatterjee Says
I have just started off with my test prep and I am swearing by OG12 and Kaplan Advanced for now. What about you guys? What preparation strategies are you guys adopting?

Hi ,
I am also planning to take my gmat by around sept-end. Lets group together and study as group studies are always helpful where we can share all our plus points and gain stuffs. What say puys..!!!!

I am in...:)

I am also in for study groups..
Are u all going to apply in India or abroad and where?

Not too many institutes in India accepts GMAT scores. So I will probably be looking at a few institutes abroad as well.

I am in too....