Gmat Study Group in Singapore

Hi All, I am a newbie here in this site… Just wondering if there is anyone in Singapore interested in group studying for GMAT? Thanks!

Hi All,

I am a newbie here in this site.. Just wondering if there is anyone in Singapore interested in group studying for GMAT?

Thanks!

Planning to give GMAT sometime this month. Nice to see some from SG here

chadds_123 Says
Planning to give GMAT sometime this month. Nice to see some from SG here

yay.. finally someone else in singapore giving the exam... what all material r u using to prepare... and when is the DDay??

Kirti.

even i am planning to take GMAT soon. havent yet taken the date tho. i am looking for some study group. when are you planning to take GMAT?

yay.. finally someone else in singapore giving the exam... what all material r u using to prepare... and when is the DDay??

Kirti.

Opps.... what was i thinking....i ment to say that i'll give the exam sometime this year. Right now plan is to give it by March end. Just started with OG.. . Anyone else..people...giving in the next few months.. people...
chadds_123 Says
Opps.... what was i thinking....i ment to say that i'll give the exam sometime this year. Right now plan is to give it by March end. Just started with OG.. . Anyone else..people...giving in the next few months.. people...

yeah i am planning to give it in april first week.....
princeton review is wot i hv been focussing for the past few weeks. will then move to kaplan and then OG... supplement to this is some notes available on net- sahil's notes ans spidey's notes..... if you need i can pass thm to u............ planning to keep OG for the last. any suggestions from u guys???

I don't know... i guess every one has there own way of preperation. I find doing sample questions hard.. just want to take the tests... anyways will do some sample questions from OG.... Then i guess it's straight to tests one after the other....

Hi...Not sure when i'll give the exam as just in the preliminary stages...Need assistance as how to go for it...and yes me new to this site .

cheers

hey guys,
can we all discuss our level of preparations and the material we are using.
can you suggest me how to work on the verbal part as i think i have to put extra stress on it. any suggestion/advice is most welcome.:confused:

and how can we make a planner to help eveyone out here.

regards,
varun

Hi...Not sure when i'll give the exam as just in the preliminary stages...Need assistance as how to go for it...and yes me new to this site .

cheers

Hi,
the following is the material which people usually follow for GMAT:
1. GMAT Princeton Review.
2. Kaplan
3. OG 11
4. Official guide for verbal. i have heard its on the same lines as OG11 but with more set of questions.(better confirm about this before actually goin for it)

for the tym being you can begin ur prep with this and later you can dive into the pool of online papers.
-varun

I have got hold of Baron's GRE and some other e-stuff which I got on net. Right now just getting familiar with the exam mode...
hey where can I get the other material as mentioned by Varun....although its too early for me but it helps if we can have discussions on the subject..

Regards
Mukul

hey,
just to help u bro. i dnt think goin thru GRE buk can help u getting into exam mode. all u need to do is, as a first step is to realize ur goal in life.... getting started isnt tht tough but finding time for it on a regular basis is wot i am finding difficult these days. u can find all the buks in the popular book store(altho there can be many places but this is one of those places for sure). just get ur hands on the rite material and get set go......
u can actually log onto official gmat website as ur nex step. i dnt mean u register for the exam but getting ur self prepared for it. this will help u remove ur mental block. if there is anything else i can help u wih thn do lemme knw.

Hey Guys,

I have been doing some prep and based on that...

GMAT and GRE are quite different and reading GRE may not help so much for GMAT. For GMAT SC, i would recommend the Manhattan GMAT guide...quite good in basics and simple...

Anybody reading any material on CR?

Assuming everyone here is working and planning to give GMAT at the same time... i think the main challenge is to find time to prepare. I am personally finding it hard to squeeze in more than 3-4hrs/week. This considering that i am aiming for a mid march test date. Anyone in the same boat??

I agree completely.. time factor is a problem especially with a very busy schedule...trying to maximize the time i can spend on prep...best of luck for the prep man... any specific material u r referring for CR and RC?

chadds_123 Says
Assuming everyone here is working and planning to give GMAT at the same time... i think the main challenge is to find time to prepare. I am personally finding it hard to squeeze in more than 3-4hrs/week. This considering that i am aiming for a mid march test date. Anyone in the same boat??

yeah me too in the same boat. can we have a common calendar guys. becoz this will help us in keeping regular for the exam. me, chadds, gsb, muksa are planning to tk the GMAT at the same time i suppose. so, lets plan our study together, otherwise its tough for everyone to keep oneself regular.

Hi everyone

I gave my GMAT last year in Singapore(730/96%), but then dropped the idea of an MBA (long story why). However, I am available to work with serious GMAT takers on Verbal, Quant & AWA, if they still have atleast 8 weeks before their test date. I will be doing this on an honorary basis (have my reasons!), so in case anyone's interested, mail me at [email protected], and we could take it from there.

I just finished the Maths and CR sections of OG. CR was harder than i expected:confused:. The english questions look easy so far. Hopefully when i give my first tests in couple of weeks i would know where i stand:detective:

Hi, I am also planning to give GMAT from Singapore. I came across a person who scored 730 and ready to guide (on an honorary basis). If you are interested then mail me at
Group size should not be more that 3, so please let me asap.

~Ravi