GMAT Study Group ...2011 May..Bangalore

Hi all, Let us create a thread to discuss and track all about our preparation aiming to take up the test in early months of 2011. I am based out of Bangalore. Have 5+ yrs IT exp… a self starter…not taking any coaching. Friends please intro…

Hi all,

Let us create a thread to discuss and track all about our preparation aiming to take up the test in early months of 2011. I am based out of Bangalore. Have 5+ yrs IT exp... a self starter..not taking any coaching. Friends please introduce yourselves. Also, anybody's taking coaching?? Let us meet here everyday.

Thanks
Sum

:

Hi...
Your situation is the same that what i went through last year...Pretty much same experience and the same problem of where to start my study from.
However, now I am done with GMAT and feel much better. All the best for your preparation.

Cheers,
Ankita

Hi SumGMAT2011,

Good to have a thread for Bangalore. I am also in IT and with about 5.5+ years of experience. Have already taken GMAT once this year in Feb but didn't get the desired score.
Have restarted prep now. Hopefully, i should be able to get a descent score this time.
I had taken a Prep course from Princeton Review last time. This time, i am signed up with Experts Global.

Good luck!

I`m in guys. I just have 6 months of exp in Deloitte. I would be looking for 2012 admissions. Please suggest some good institutes in Bangalore. My weaker side is verbal. Any institute which gives more importance on that would be great..

Hi SumGMAT2011,

Good to have a thread for Bangalore. I am also in IT and with about 5.5+ years of experience. Have already taken GMAT once this year in Feb but didn't get the desired score.
Have restarted prep now. Hopefully, i should be able to get a descent score this time.
I had taken a Prep course from Princeton Review last time. This time, i am signed up with Experts Global.

Good luck!

Hi naveenhv

Would like to know your experience with Experts Global in detail. I have just started my prep for GMAT and still wondering if I should go for coaching or simply do self study.

Seems you are from Bangalore hence you must have not registered for there class room coaching. Therefore would like to know is it worth spending 9700(as quoted in there site) for there virtual guidance and material.

hey.....
Count me in... Was in Bangalore for 4 years.... Now in Melbourne... Experience of 4 years in IT... Attempted CAT twice. Coulf not do it this year... Screwed up and thinking of taking GMAT in April this year. .... Would like to be involved in all the discussions as I am kind of a newbie to GMAT... .Will be taking the test in Bangalore... Do post the colleges that you are planning to apply to.... I will try share all that I know.. though it might not be a lot...

cheers

Count me in too.
I am waiting for my CAT results. I know what to expect - it's just that i am waiting for a formal stamp to start my preparation.
Planning to give GMAT in 1st week of May.

Hi,

I am having OG 12 and KAPLAN 2010-11 edition. If anyone is interested in purchasing it,kindly PM me.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi All,

2 yrs of exp, waiting for CAT results...Gmat will be my last resort if I don't convert to good colleges in the coming months...

Am totally new to the GMAT preparation, the exam itself and the colleges- a complete newbie..
So, count me in too..Also, I have heard that it's mainly twice in a year that colleges abroad(read US) open their admission process?? I need to know when so as to time my prep accordingly..

Thanks a lot,

Nikhil

Hi Count me in also... Does anyone has a idea how long will it take to prepare for GMAT.. I am totally new to this GMAT idea.. and i am very waek in english.

vignesh_ceg Says
I`m in guys. I just have 6 months of exp in Deloitte. I would be looking for 2012 admissions. Please suggest some good institutes in Bangalore. My weaker side is verbal. Any institute which gives more importance on that would be great..

Would like to know your experience with Experts Global in detail. I have just started my prep for GMAT and still wondering if I should go for coaching or simply do self study.

Seems you are from Bangalore hence you must have not registered for there class room coaching. Therefore would like to know is it worth spending 9700(as quoted in there site) for there virtual guidance and material.

There are many institutes in Bangalore for GMAT Prep namely - Princeton, TIME, IMS, CrackVerbal etc. (google and get flooded with more such names

I would suggest you to checkout CrackVerbal which is run by a PG veteran Phychodementia (Arun).
It offers courses in Verbal/Quant/both - do check them out - pretty good IMHO.

Also, Arun offers free sessions from time to time for MBA aspirants where you can ask anything and everything related to GMAT. I attended one such session and wrote about my experience here
Try scheduling one such session. You won't return empty handed :)

Do ping this guy if you need any help. I'm sure he'll be kind enough to help you.

Luck to all of you!

Cheers!

Hey guys... i'm in too. I stay in bangalore. I'm working in an engineering consultancy and i have an experience of 1.5(am I too early?) years. I have already taken GMAT once but the verbal score didn't end up in the bright side.

I'm planning to take the test again around may-june 2011 n i'm glad that we can help each others here.

Hi all,

Let us create a thread to discuss and track all about our preparation aiming to take up the test in early months of 2011. I am based out of Bangalore. Have 5+ yrs IT exp... a self starter..not taking any coaching. Friends please introduce yourselves. Also, anybody's taking coaching?? Let us meet here everyday.

Thanks
Sum

:

Hi All,
I really appreciate the idea of GMAT 2011 group, bangalore. Pls count me in too. 5 yrs IT exp, planning for GMAT 2011, but not started yet...

By the way did any of u guys form a group yet???

Chill...
Businezzz:cheers:
Hi all,

Thanks
Sum

:

Hi,
Count me in too ! with 4 years of experience in IT i am targeting 2012 admissions. Gave a diagnostic test and got score of 560. with 48 in maths and 22 in verbal. need to notch up verbal.....not persuing any coaching classes, so will be needing a good deal of help from you guys

Regards
Achan

Guys,

I am a 7+ I.T guy, planning to take up GMAT in 2011. Not started on prep yet. Count me in. Could we all meet on a weekend ?

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi Guys,

I have been getting a lot of requests/PMs asking me for specific questions/ strategies. I am starting a monthly GMAT Verbal Scorebooster. I will be picking 20 tough questions and taking you through it. If you are interested RSVP:

GMAT Verbal Scorebooster (Bangalore) - Meetup

Arun

Hi Everyone,
First of all would like to thank for such a wonderful forum dedicated for MBA aspirants.
I have around 6yrs+ of experience in Finance & IT. I am a BCA & MBA (Alliance) but Wanted to take GMAT in May/June for the IIM PGP-Executive Program or may be any other International one. Since the cutoff for any IIMs on GMAT a very high...I guess 710+, I was also looking for joining a good Institute in Bangalore who could help and guide. I have been totally out of touch with test since 2002 when I last took some aptitude test and its being nor more than 8yrs now. I guess this ask for advising on a good Institute has been repeated all over the forums and a unbiased answer would really help
Here is a list of Institute I have from Bangalore, kindly help chose the best of them.
1. IMS
2. Princeton
3. CrackVerbal
4. Kaplan
Would appreciate if someone of the mentors here could suggest the real good to go in Bangalore as both time and money is important for each one of us.
Looking forward for your advice and suggestions.
Appreciate your time.
Best Regards
Dibs

Dear All,

Like many of you, I am also working in IT filed and want to take GMAT. I am from Bangalore !!!

I have work experience of 4 years and recently gave CAT. And now waiting for the results. I feel I want to go through executive programs rather than normal MBA because of my experience.

I have just started to prepare for GMAT. I wanted to be in a group where I can find minded people to discuss about preparation, suggestion and sharing material and information etc.
If anyone is interested from Bangalore, please let me know and we can form a group.

Regards,
Siva.

Hi Puys !!!

Was eagerly waiting for this thread !!! gr8 initiative :grin: :grin:

Like most of you I am working in the IT field from the past 2.5+ years. Planning to take up GMAT in May/June 2011. Though I am a newbie to GMAT but I would do my best to contribute to the thread in the best possible way :grin:

Lets start with the details of study material which you guys are referring to and also how many of you feel that its better to go for coaching instead of doing it all on your own...

Lets make this thread more eventful :cheerio: Looking forward to more and more inputs

Regards,
*pHoEnix*