GMAT Study group 2010 Bangalore

Hi All the GMAT aspirants for 2010 bangalore chapter I am planning to give my GMAT in first week of April 2010. Currently I am in toronto and will be reaching banglore in dec. I have already started some basic preparation and would love to he…

Hi All the GMAT aspirants for 2010 bangalore chapter

I am planning to give my GMAT in first week of April 2010. Currently I am in toronto and will be reaching banglore in dec. I have already started some basic preparation and would love to hear some inputs from guys who are already in advanced stage of studies. I am using the 3 official guide books and cracking the GMAT by princten review all latest editions. Any help will be great guys and also hope to meet with serious guys onece in 2 weeks to discuss our progress and give inputs.

Regards
Tari

hi,

are you in Bangalore. Hope your preparation is well on its way. Planning a meetup this weekend at airlines (near MG Road). you could add me as pm me for details

Hi,

I am working in bangalore in MNC.

Me though planning for GMAT but no idea how to start and where to start...any help/suggestion.

Hi,

I am working in bangalore in MNC.

Me though planning for GMAT but no idea how to start and where to start...any help/suggestion.

please write me:

Hemant can you ple edit your post and remove your id. It's against forum rules to post your nos and ids.

Looks like not many people are giving the GMAT in april 2010 from Bangalore. I have finally reached india but have not started studying yet. Hoping to find some serious people here to take it to the next level and crack the GMAT. djyousuf what stage have to reached in ur studies, I have to start from scratch and maybe we can help each other out.

hi tari and others from bangalore,
i am also planning to take GMAT around April 2010 and would like to share experiences. does anyone know about good traininng centres in and around domlur?

regds

I m appearing for GMAT on 25th Jan. Can anyone suggest me some online test resources?

Hi Guys ,

I am also a beginner and really do not know from where to start ...

Please share your views ..

Regards
Sh

Any 1 out there .....

Dear All,
Am harsha from ulsoor,planning to give gmat in may.Right now hunting for below good books either to order online/search in book shelves.

OFFICIAL GUIDE
Twelfth Edition
KAPLAN
1. GMAT Premier 2009 ed
2. GMAT 800
THE PRINCETON REVIEW
The Princeton review 2009 ed

All the best for your preperation friends.

Cheers, Harsha

Hi all,

I am in my final year now and will finish engineering by June. I plan to take up GMAT by last week of April...

However I wanted to know is makes sense to write GMAT this year considering I will pursue MBA only after 2-3 years.

Is the preparation time of 3 months good enough?

Kalpana

Hi Kalpana, Take your GMAT only when you think that you are fully prepared.

Folks,

Can we have a meetup soon?

Please decide Venue and time...

Cheers
Ashok

Dear All,
Am harsha from ulsoor,planning to give gmat in may.Right now hunting for below good books either to order online/search in book shelves.

OFFICIAL GUIDE
Twelfth Edition
KAPLAN
1. GMAT Premier 2009 ed
2. GMAT 800
THE PRINCETON REVIEW
The Princeton review 2009 ed

All the best for your preperation friends.

Cheers, Harsha

Hi Harsha ,

Looks like you have already decided the books for preparation ....As we all are newbie here, first of all can we please decide a set of books and materials we can follow .

The books you mentioned here are very famous so can you please give a breif info on each material . In some post I found that the book Manhattan for sentence correction was also recommended ....Do you know about this ??

Please give some info about the books ..If you are planning to buy the books please let us know the place ..

Thanks a lot

Dear Shashank,

I had gone through few good blogs reg gmat experiences of top scorers.Almost all of them have recommended for the books in the below link.Please go thru Dana Jinarau's link below.She has written nice review of all the recommended books.I have ordered for few books(1.The Official Guide For Gmat Quantitative Review 2.Kaplan Gmat Math 3.Cracking The Gmat, 2010.4.The Official Guide For Gmat Review.5.Kaplan Gmat 2010, Premier Live.6.) from flipkart expecting them by this weekend/next week.In the next lot am planning to order for GMAT Verbal,Official Guide Vebal,all the Manahttan guides especially SC.If we r thorough with english grammar and math basics then 3-4 months of preperation is good enough.Wrenner martin's english grammar is good for basics and Ak agarawal's apptitude for Math concepts.Now adays lot of discussions going abt EZ solutions for math but it's too costly for all the 9 set of guides where u need to import them.

I have not yest started my preperation, have just gone thru number of sites to understand abt this,planning to start this weekend.If we all can study as a group it will be great.

Cheers, Harsha

Recommended GMAT Books

Hi,

As a first step i'll be taking the dates for the gmat by this week end otherwise you keep on postponing the dates.

Material/coaching:
I'm not taking any coaching from any institute but will use the material i've got till now from friends.

Weakness- RC/SC; no consistency in studying.
Total exp- 3.5 yrs in IT- retail domain

Cheers,
Amit

So we have
tari1982
djyousuf
hemant1982
Badri KS
shashank_needs
ps_harsha2004
amitmits84

who are planning to give GMAT by April/ May 2010.
Count me also in.
Just started prep. I got OG and I'm taking the diagnostic tests.

Hurray! got my books from flipkart today,can start my prep this weekend ;>

Hi Guys, Sorry for the late response. Tari, I havent yet started preparations, will be kicking off this weekend. And we are having a meet up in Bangalore, supposedly on Saturday the 9th at 4 pm at hotel airlines.. Hope to see many guys at the meetup.. And take it from there on.