GMAT scores of IT pool for IIM executive MBAs

Hello, This question is regarding the “preferred” or “selling” GMAT score for the IIM 1 year programs for those who belong to the “IT pool”. I heard that though IIMA has 728 as avg score and IIMC has 719, these scores are not sufficient …

Hello,

This question is regarding the "preferred" or "selling" GMAT score for the IIM 1 year programs for those who belong to the "IT pool".

I heard that though IIMA has 728 as avg score and IIMC has 719, these scores are not sufficient if you belong to the "IT pool".

I recently gave my GMAT and got 720 (Q49, V40) and am aspiring to apply to IIM 1 yr programs. Total years of exp: ~10. ~3yrs abroad. ~7 years as a lead. My BE scores are ok-ish (distinctions consistently). I did my MS but the grades are not that good. Not many extracurriculars and no community service. The only good thing is that I have had a pretty fast career growth and my rec letters will reflect this well. Am working in a product based company (IT field).

My question: Since I belong to the "IT pool", am I starting with my 720-GMAT score as a weak spot? Is it tough to get admits if one belongs to the IT sector and if the score is 720?

Your score 720 is good enough.

Regards,

720 is a very fair score. However, GMAT scores only count for so much. A lot will depend on your SOP.

Hello,

This question is regarding the "preferred" or "selling" GMAT score for the IIM 1 year programs for those who belong to the "IT pool".

I heard that though IIMA has 728 as avg score and IIMC has 719, these scores are not sufficient if you belong to the "IT pool".

I recently gave my GMAT and got 720 (Q49, V40) and am aspiring to apply to IIM 1 yr programs. Total years of exp: ~10. ~3yrs abroad. ~7 years as a lead. My BE scores are ok-ish (distinctions consistently). I did my MS but the grades are not that good. Not many extracurriculars and no community service. The only good thing is that I have had a pretty fast career growth and my rec letters will reflect this well. Am working in a product based company (IT field).

My question: Since I belong to the "IT pool", am I starting with my 720-GMAT score as a weak spot? Is it tough to get admits if one belongs to the IT sector and if the score is 720?

actually ur application with 720 will make a hell lot of difference. Show them the confidence that this is it, I am standing in top 5%, take it or leave it. i guess the adcom is smart enough to understand this provided u have a really strong SOP and other application areas. IV is assured then ball is in ur court...