GMAT scores, non NRI, Indian biz schools??

I’m currently in the U.S and will be for quite a while. I’d registered for the CAT before coming here, coz I was under the impression that I’d be back in time to take the exam. Turns out things won’t be workin out that way. So, here’s my questio…

I'm currently in the U.S and will be for quite a while. I'd registered for the CAT before coming here, coz I was under the impression that I'd be back in time to take the exam. Turns out things won't be workin out that way.
So, here's my question. Is it possible for me, as a non NRI, to do the GMAT and use those scores to apply to Indian B-Schools?? I know MICA accepts a limited number of applicants with GMAT scores...but I dunno about the rest.
Please help if you have any info!!! It'd be much appreciated!
Absolutely Clueless!

Hi,

From what I know. It is not possible. There are many people who have missed out CAT because they have had to go to onsite on the nth moment. I know of a person who was sent on Nov 1st week and his mockcat ranks were pretty high.

Arun

I'm currently in the U.S and will be for quite a while. I'd registered for the CAT before coming here, coz I was under the impression that I'd be back in time to take the exam. Turns out things won't be workin out that way.
So, here's my question. Is it possible for me, as a non NRI, to do the GMAT and use those scores to apply to Indian B-Schools?? I know MICA accepts a limited number of applicants with GMAT scores...but I dunno about the rest.
Please help if you have any info!!! It'd be much appreciated!
Absolutely Clueless!

As far as i know they are pretty strict on the NRI-GMAT thingy. so i dont think you would qualify. but if i were you, i would call them up personally to make sure that that is the case.

I guess u can apply to B schools in INDIA likes IIM's with GMAT scores....
please look into following URL for more info....
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/programmes/admnri.htm