Gmat score very skewed!

Hey, My question is… i took my gmat twice… the first time i got a 590 - 49-Q, 21-V and 5-AWA. The second time around i got a 640- 43-Q, 35-V and 5-AWA. I have four years of solid work experience plus international exposure as well. I have…

Hey,
My question is.. i took my gmat twice.. the first time i got a 590 - 49-Q, 21-V and 5-AWA. The second time around i got a 640- 43-Q, 35-V and 5-AWA.

I have four years of solid work experience plus international exposure as well. I have worked up the ranks and am the youngest manager in my company.
I was wondering what my chances are of getting into second tier schools - like babson, georgetown?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions if i should look at other schools than please please let me know..

Thanks, so much for your help! I am so worried!!!

i just came across something else online and thought it may be benefeical to others...

Its from the Tuck/Dartmouth MBA website...

I have taken the GMAT several times. Which score does the admissions committee consider?
The admissions committee takes into consideration your highest test score. The Tuck application allows students to report up to two GMAT test scores. This way, if you have scored better on one test in the verbal section and better on the other in the quantitative section, we will consider your highest quantitative and highest verbal scores.

Pretty interesting!
Any idea if any other schools use this method?

Hi, I am new to this forum, planning to appear for GMAT in March.
As far as I know, most of the B-schools consider your highest score, if you have appeared for GMAT more than once. There are some schools who consider verage of two scores or latest score, but such schools are very few.

This is a good question - Anyone got any Gyaan on it?

Hi friends ,
I am new on the ride to GMAT.
I have one doubt .it goes like this...
In case an applicant appears GMAT for 2 times and score and as below.

(1) 600
(2) 700

Then his score will be average of two scores i.e 650. I think it happens in case of GRE.

Does this thing happens in GMAT also or the best of all the scores is considered for admissions.

Regards
Vibhuti

hi vibhuti :
About your query as far as i know its your latest one that is considered though the last 2 are also sent to the college.
I am also starting my gmat prep. what say we exchange our progress
?

sorry for that face i didnt mean it .
Anybody else who has started preparing. i plan to give my gmat in july plz come forward i am sure as a group we can prepare better .

I took the GMAT more than a year ago, so im not into gmat related stuf anymore, but i couldnt help pitching in with my comments :D

Almost ALL schools will look at your highest GMAT scores in case you've taken it more than once. In case you have any doubts regarding this, you can always checjk the school's website...this question is usually addressed in their FAQ section. If not, you can mail or call the admissions office and ask them directly. In any case, unles your second score has jumped into a different BAND, it doesnt make much difference what your higher score is. For example, if the first time you scored 610 and next time you scored 620, the second attempt wont carry so much weight....you have only confirmed that you're worth that much. In case your gmat score jumps a lot, like 590 to 640 as in this case, then the higher score is usually considered.