GMAT Score 740

Hello All, This is my first post on PagalGuy!! Its obvious that I haven’t been very active on this site :biggrin: I gave the GMAT today and scored 740 (Q-49, V-41). Would be glad to help anyone with their preparation!! Regard…

Hello All,

This is my first post on PagalGuy!! Its obvious that I haven't been very active on this site :biggrin:

I gave the GMAT today and scored 740 (Q-49, V-41).

Would be glad to help anyone with their preparation!!

Regards,
Anuja

Hello All,

This is my first post on PagalGuy!! Its obvious that I haven't been very active on this site :biggrin:

I gave the GMAT today and scored 740 (Q-49, V-41).

Would be glad to help anyone with their preparation!!

Regards,
Anuja

hey conrats....can u plz tell from where to prepare for gmat????....how much time is required.....which books r needed...and so on...

congrats for the awesome score!
which colleges are you applying to? Please also share ur profile

P.S: my break-up was (Q49, V 42) but overall was same 740. still wondering how does the GMAT algorithm work

Hey,

I just used the OG 12th edition... and took the tests from GMATPrep.. it took me around 3 months...

I would suggest you give the diagnostic test in OG first and find your weak areas, so that you can focus on them while preparing...

Hey,

I have opted to send my score to ISB, Hyd... trying for a few schools in NY and UK...

But I guess I would be late for the academic year 2011-12. Do you know of any schools where I can apply now and still start my MBA in 2011?

P.S. I guess you are in ISB, what would be approximately cost (including hostel, etc.) without any aid?

Hi Anuja ,

It's really a great score...Congrats... Can you please tell me how to prepare for the verbal section..I am really struggling in that.... mere 18 in it all 3 parts are weak.... Can you please give an elaborate picture of how can i fair well in that...

Thanks in advance

Congrats Anuja.

Which book you referred for Quant basics? Please share your experience on what material you have used to
prepare various sections. did you enrolled for any Courses / coaching?

BR

I have opted to send my score to ISB, Hyd... trying for a few schools in NY and UK...

But I guess I would be late for the academic year 2011-12.

yes . u r late for co2012
Do you know of any schools where I can apply now and still start my MBA in 2011?

u can apply to most of the foreign schools in R2/R3. visit the thread titled 'phoren b-school assisstance'

P.S. I guess you are in ISB, what would be approximately cost (including hostel, etc.) without any aid?

joining in april 2011. Approx cost is rs 21 lacs
Hi Anuja ,

It's really a great score...Congrats... Can you please tell me how to prepare for the verbal section..I am really struggling in that.... mere 18 in it all 3 parts are weak.... Can you please give an elaborate picture of how can i fair well in that...

Thanks in advance

Hey,

I did not use any book for Verbal other than OG, because I have been always good in my verbal skills and did not need any other book.

However you can refer to Kaplan's GMAT Verbal Foundations, if you want to brush up on your basics..
Congrats Anuja.

Which book you referred for Quant basics? Please share your experience on what material you have used to
prepare various sections. did you enrolled for any Courses / coaching?

BR

Hey,

I really dont mean to brag, but I did not use any other book except for the OG 12th edn... In fact I was looking for a good book for Quant practice, but couldnt get any...

I think Kaplan's got something on Quant basics, you may want to try that... the OG Quantitative Review isn't that great and doesnt have too many problems for practice...