GMAT Score 670

Hi, My GMAT score is 670 (V32/Q49). Greatly disappointed as I was scoring consistently 700+ in the practice tests. I currently have 3+ work-exp in IT and am planning to join 2011 batch (by that time my WE will be around 5 yr). Just wanted to kno…

Hi,
My GMAT score is 670 (V32/Q49). Greatly disappointed as I was scoring consistently 700+ in the practice tests. I currently have 3+ work-exp in IT and am planning to join 2011 batch (by that time my WE will be around 5 yr). Just wanted to know whether this score is good enough to apply to good B-school or should I retake it? What are safe B-schools for this score?

Thanks in advance!

Sandip,

It depends on the overall profile to get into a good B-school. 670 is a average score and never mind is in the just average bracket, keeping in view the overall performance of he test takers. I believe it should be somewhere over 80 percentile. So again it not to be harassed. There is a high possibility of you getting into a good b-school if you have over 5 years of work-ex. Since you will be in the 90th percentile in the work-ex ranking.

Still I would recommend you to take the test once again, if possible, because there is no harm if also you get a even lower score since most b-schools look into the highest score rather than the latest score.

Thanks!!
-Amrit 😃

Write it again because you have ample time and you were scoring consiostently more in practise tests. 700+ is going to really help you for the elite schools. (top 20). If you are aiming for schools outside the top 20, 670 is an adequate score.
All the best x

Your opinions will really matter a lot. Thanks so much in advance

Hi everyone,
I need help in evaluating my profile for getting admit to decent US schools. Since my score is less I am not targeting top 20 schools. Below are the details:

GMAT: 650 ( Quant -44, Verbal - 35)
Work Exp - 5 years and 3 months ( will be 6 till fall 2010)
Experience - Working with L&T; Infotech for last 5 years. SAP implementations and consulting. Onsite experience of 2.5 years in Cape Town and US. Performing team lead role for past 2 years
Education - B.E (2004) from Mumbai University First Class through out
Extra curricular - Average, Working with a NGO for last 6 months
Goal: General management/Marketing

Planning to apply to following schools in first round:
1) Fisher
2) UC davis
3) Rice - Houston
4) Texas A&M;

Are there any other schools where i have chances of getting through. Kindly let me know whether its possible to get a scholarship in any of the above mentioned schools. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Rashmi