GMAT Score 660: Is PGDM or Executive MBA or MBA better ?

Hi Guys,I got a decent score of 660 in GMAT. Education Qualification : 86%-10th Std, 82%-12th Std, 73% in B.Tech Electronics and CommunicationWork Exp : 6 Years in IT Industry with 1yr international exposure.However, my work was primari…

Hi Guys,

I got a decent score of 660 in GMAT.

Education Qualification : 86%-10th Std, 82%-12th Std, 73% in B.Tech Electronics and Communication

Work Exp : 6 Years in IT Industry with 1yr international exposure.

However, my work was primarily on Technical Domain and only now i am into Management. Please provide your expert opinions. Kindly find the questions below :

1. Since i dont have enough experience in Management is it better to opt for 2 yr PGDM instead of Executive MBA ? Is there any major difference in the course structure between these 2 programs ?

2. I was aiming for SP.Jain and K.J Somaiya but they expected gmat score of 680 and above. So now am thinking of applying for colleges outside India, mainly Canada or UK. Is that a better idea ?As my aim is to work in India only, will MBA from Canada/UK be useful ?

Kindly direct me to the thread that already contain answers for the above questions.

Thank You.

Sadly in India you won`t get any decent college with that score and heavy IT experience. You can go for Canada or UK if funding is not an issue. But if your main aim is to come back and work in India then I don`t see how is that gonna help you. Unfortunately, Indian companies have a very closed outlook for potential hires and they mainly consider mbas from top Indian b schools and mbas from ivy league league institutes or may be those at least in top 50 of FT rankings. Rest get pretty mediocre profiles. You might want to work there for sometime and then come back to india which would make more sense. Moreover, the job market in UK esp. for Indians sucks big time. Canada is better off at present. But still I think you should retake your GMAT.. try to push the score to somewhere >720 and then try for ISB, IIMA pgpx,etc.