Gmat score:500

Hey what if ur verbal score is about 20 percentile ? and ur quantz score is high as 80 percentile …will it affect ur admission chances and the visa process in case u wana apply to MBA’s abroad?

Hey what if ur verbal score is about 20 percentile ? and ur quantz score is high as 80 percentile ..........will it affect ur admission chances and the visa process in case u wana apply to MBA's abroad?

Hi Kamlesh,

I am not an expert at this but here are my two cents.

In an MBA program, you will be reading a lot of case studies and reports.

Besides you are an international student and as i've recently come to know in the US( I live here), one reason the companies here are skeptical about hiring internationals is because of their language skills.

In light of that, your verbal score doent look too good.Besides, most Indians tend to score higher on the quant part of the test anyway ( I am an exception to this rule).

So colleges look at verbal scores seriously too.having said that, all depends on whether your score falls in the "range" of scores that the colleges of your choice admit students at.

I would recommend retaking the test.

Hiiii , thnks ........... i was in a real hurry as deadlines where fast approaching,,,,,,,, i had a month of prep time ........ as u suggested i wud be better off taking it next time ...........thnks a lot .

I think its a good strategy....prepare 3-4 months on GMAT....research schools thoroughly, work on essays, prepare R1 for all schools and get in !!

Good luck.

rc_kamlesh Says
Hiiii , thnks ........... i was in a real hurry as deadlines where fast approaching,,,,,,,, i had a month of prep time ........ as u suggested i wud be better off taking it next time ...........thnks a lot .

Can you share your profile kamlesh?? Maybe that can help the rest of us tell you better on what ou need to concentrate on??

Hi guys ,
Does belonging to an enterpenural family and having 2 plus years of industrial exp ,add value to ur profile and increase ur chances of getting in2 a Top american bschool ??????? please guide me regarding this ?