GMAT route to PGP program of IIM-A

Hi Puys, I think most of you would know that IIM-A allows entry to its flagship PGP program through GMAT as NRI admissions. But do you know what is the criteria for being an NRI. Well, I didn’t and when I found it out, I was completely taken …

Hi Puys,

I think most of you would know that IIM-A allows entry to its flagship PGP program through GMAT as NRI admissions. But do you know what is the criteria for being an NRI. Well, I didn't and when I found it out, I was completely taken by surprise. It is not too difficult to satisfy this criteria and I am sure some of you can easily satisfy it. Read below to know more:

Overseas candidates seeking admission to the Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) can take the GMAT in the country of their residence and then apply using the prescribed application form (see below). A copy of the GMAT scorecard must accompany the application form. The score should not be older than two years as on December 15, 2006.
Indians resident outside India, and foreign nationals, fall under the "Overseas Candidates" category. To qualify as an Indian resident abroad, a candidate should be an Indian who expects to live, work or study outside India for at least 12 months continuously as of December 15, 2006. Overseas candidates who expect to be resident in India during the period July 1, 2006 to December 15, 2006, will, however, have to take the Institute's Common Admission Test (CAT). The second stage of the admission process, Group Discussion and Interview, will be held in India. Candidates called for this stage will have to make their own travel arrangements and produce evidence of having qualified for the "Overseas Candidates" category.

The complete details can be found fromat the following link:
Admission Procedure for Overseas Candidates

Hmm Good spot ...
Yes i believe its quite easy to satisfy the "Overseas Candidate" criteria.
12 months outside India is no more a difficult proposition.
In fact a lot of ppl working in IT cos. who are sent onsite for a long term can avail of this facility.
Getting in thru GMAT will be much more easier than CAT.
In fact this yr 1 of my teammates at work who was onsite since May 2006, applied for XLRI (BM) program thru GMAT and got thru with only a 5 min telephonic interview.
I dont know exactly what the criteria for labeling a person as "Overseas Candidate" is there at XL, but its a little disconcerting for CAT and XAT givers as getting a 99 %ile in the exam with sectional cut off's is much tougher than a decent score in GMAT ( personal opinion ) .

Anyway, as long as the clause is present, students can try and make the best use of it. 😃

Just noticed ... there are 2 threads open on the same topic ...

MODS plz close this 1 as this thread is related to PGP at IIM A ....
CAT and Related Discussions would be a better place for this thread ...

Regards
Revant

Just noticed ... there are 2 threads open on the same topic ...

MODS plz close this 1 as this thread is related to PGP at IIM A ....
CAT and Related Discussions would be a better place for this thread ...

Regards
Revant

I have purposefully put the thread in two places. One thread is here so that people preparing for gmat and thinking of abroad b-schools also come to know about this.
itsrahul Says
I have purposefully put the thread in two places. One thread is here so that people preparing for gmat and thinking of abroad b-schools also come to know about this.

I am leaving the other thread open, please dont open multiple threads on the same topic.