GMAT Registration

www.mba.com says that there are four ways of registring for GMAT – – Online – Phone – Mail – Fax Which is a preferable and reliable method? Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with online registration? What one shoul…

www.mba.com says that there are four ways of registring for GMAT --

-- Phone
-- Mail
-- Fax

Which is a preferable and reliable method? Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with online registration? What one should keep in mind while registration?

I want to register for gmat in New Delhi

pooja

I've registered, re-registered, rescheduled way too many times to know the right answer to this one

I'd suggest registering online. Get yourself an account, then login, select the center and the appropriate dates. If the dates and sessions are available, you will be asked to submit your credit card information. The seat and time confirmationk is immediate. Just make sure that you take a printout of the confirmation page immediately. You can always access it again by logging onto mba.com though 😃

thanks pagalguy,

I tried to register online, but got confused in the following

-- There is a drop-down menu "suffix" below the name....it had the options "Jr" "Sr" or "I, II, III". What is this?

-- Also the address has the option of present/permanant, Will this also be the correspondance address?

pooja

Ignore the Suffix part, thats not for Indian names.

Regarding the adddress, preferably keep both of them same. Usually the present address is used as the correspondence address as well.

Simba ,
How much time should i need for preparin GMAT. I am giving my CAT and NM. By Jan all Indian MBA should be over. Will just 2 months after that for GMAT a good stratergy for the flow will be there ! Or GMAT require a total different prepartion in a different plane !
PLZ HELP !
...aslo any specific book for Critical Reasoning ???
>>CAT-to GMAT

Simba ,
How much time should i need for preparin GMAT. I am giving my CAT and NM. By Jan all Indian MBA should be over. Will just 2 months after that for GMAT a good stratergy for the flow will be there ! Or GMAT require a total different prepartion in a different plane !
PLZ HELP !
...aslo any specific book for Critical Reasoning ???
>>CAT-to GMAT

IR,

U have posted in multiple threads!! Anyways, GMAT studies depends on ur current level. It might need anywhere between 1-3 months are more. As u are preparing for CAT, GMAT quant should not be a problem... but make sure U give enough time for verbal!!! GMAT studying is a lil different from CAT in terms of quant, tricky questions in terms of phrasing the questions!! Guess thats all...

For CR... Hmmmm... Check out some LSAT material, if u can find any!!

Simbaaaa

There is some difference between CAT and GMAT Quants sections., GMAT questions are trickier than the ones u find in CAT where it is more straight forward questions.. Calculations are simpler, but reasoning out the questions can be tough...

Can I register using Debit card?

Hi Seniors,

Need help. I want to register for gmat online but i do need your help. I do have few query.
1. Can I register with my visa electron debit card.
2. For credit card will i need to give only my credit card number and the number at the back of the card only .Do i need to get a one time password from my card company as it is a online transaction.

Thanks . Would appreciate reply.
Nirmalya

Hi Guys,

I have some queries regarding GMAT test registration info.

1)How do we calculate GPA from state university percentages? as i hv done my B.E from Pune University with 60%. so what will be my GPA?

2)Do we need to fill all the details asked in profile building form for test registration?

3) if we fill something wrong while creating profile then can we change it later even after GMAT exam?

Thanks

Shobhit