GMAT Quant Problem Solving & DS

A group meant primarily for discussing difficult GMAT related Quant problems and not for admission related queries. 

In a certain bathtub, both the cold-water and the hot-water fixtures leak. The cold-water leak alone would fill an empty bucket in c hours and the hot-water leak alone would fill the same bucket in h hours, where c

I. 0 II. c III. c/2   

Answers: 

A) I only 
B) II only 
C) III only 
D) I and II 
E) I and III

Hi All,

I am going to start with Functions and would eventually be covering topics like Inequalities and Absolute Values. But I need a studyplan in order to complete these topics in not more than 10 days. Can someone help me with a strategy?

P.S - I have a subscription to the GMATclub tests.

the ship with its crew Has/Have gone to the depth of the sea?

Shortlist and Interact with the Top Universities from US One-on-One on the PaGaLGuY Android App.  Register for the Edu Fair by Following this group. If any queries post here...  

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/international-edufair-19-21st-nov16-46994915

DS.

Question From OG.!!

if xy>0 , does (x-1)(y-1)=1?

(1) x+y=xy

(2) x=y.

A,B,C,D,E?(Follow OG)

Hi there everyone,

Need advice on GMAT preparation.

I am planning to prepare using the GMAT official guide and give mocks from veritas and manhattan. Will this suffice for an overall good GMAT performance?

Can someone suggest which are good free online materials from where I can practice the below sections?

Analytical Writing Assessment

Integrated Reasoning

Quantitative

Verbal

Thanks in advance!

MBA in USA -2017 Intake 

Please join following thread to discuss Profile evaluation, B school shortlisting, application process and other admissions related queries –  https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-in-usa-25110470 

I am selling my gmat official guide 2016...interested users can ping me ... only Hyderabad

The International Edufair is LIVE Now!!!

To participate in the fair all you have to do is:
1. Download the PaGaLGuY Android App /PaGaLGuY IOS App
2. Register for the International MBA Edufair 2017
3. Shortlist the B-Schools of your choice
4. Chat with the official college representatives and get your queries clarified 

All the Very Best!  

MBA Edufair is LIVE!!!
JOIN Now!!
To participate in this fair all you have to do is:

1. Download the PaGaLGuY Android App /PaGaLGuY IOS App
2. Register for the MBA Edufair 2017
4. Chat with the official college representatives and get your queries resolved 

Today is the Last day of PaGaLGuY MBA Edufair 2017!
JOIN Now!!

MBA Edufair is LIVE!!!
JOIN Now!!
To participate in this fair all you have to do is:1. Download the PaGaLGuY Android App /PaGaLGuY IOS App

Today is the Last day of PaGaLGuY MBA Edufair 2017!
JOIN Now!!

which is the best GMAT material for practising questions that appear in exam?One which is close to real exam ?

Is it good idea to attempt GMAT to take admission in Indian colleges? And XIMB, XLRI and SP Jain they accept GMAT for 2 years course or not? 

Hey Guys! I'll be attemting CAT this year for the first time and GMAT next year for the first time. My question is Should I follow ARUN SHARMA for Quant for both the examinations for getting basics? NOTE:- I am an amateur at quant 

If each term in the sum a1 + a2 + a3.......an is either 7 or 77 and the sum equals 350, which of the following could be n? 

0 voters

A box contains three pairs of blue gloves and two pairs of green gloves. Each pair consists of a left-hand glove and a right-hand glove. Each of the gloves is separate from its mate and thoroughly mixed together with the others in the box. If three gloves are randomly selected from the box, what is the probability that a matched set (i.e., a left- and right-hand glove of the same color) will be among the three gloves selected?  

• 3/10
  • 5/6
  • 41/60
  • 7/12
  • 23/60

0 voters

Hi. I am confused when do we consider a slope to be negative? I mean, when both slopes are negative then how to decide which one is greater slope?