GMAT prep thread hyderabad for 2014 aspirants

Hi,would like to start this thread for all GMAT ISB planning to give GMAT by oct 2013 before the first dead line for ISB.would really like to hear and share things through the prepartion.

Hi,

would like to start this thread for all GMAT ISB planning to give GMAT by oct 2013 before the first dead line for ISB.
would really like to hear and share things through the prepartion.

Hi,

I have just started my prep. Starting with princeton and then will move on to Manhattan series and then OG. still contemplating about joining coaching classes. I might decide by the end of the month.

I am targetting to take it sometime in May, so in case it doesnt work out the first time around, I can give it another shot before ISB deadline.

Any suggestions on what other schools to apply to besides ISB with GMAT?

@itskltime can you please introduce yourself to the thread by poating your profile.

Hi,

I am currently researching about books to refer for GMAT, will probably start preparing by end of this month. I am also planning to give GMAT this may.
Any suggestion about the books?? I am thinking about kaplan.

I am working in software company in chennai i want to write gmat in june for so that i can apply for the first round

HI guys i am planning to join Manhattan review by this month end... anybody interested in group study??

hi Guys... i am planning to retake GMAT after 2 year... i was rejected in the 2012 batch of ISB ... planning to improve score (640 presently) and apply again... please share your thoughts..

@aditya_wolvi Hello Myself Shantanu Mukherjee i am working here in Hyderabad . I am planning for June GMAT could you please tell me the procedure like what to do , how to start prep etc etc

My question is whether a work ex of Two years is considered good for taking admission in Indian B-school through GMAT

@shattereddream : for Indian B - Schools such as IIMs ( PGPX Program) the avg work ex and avg GMAT score is pretty high. Yes, for ISB, Great Lakes, XLRI , 2 + work ex is OK but you must have some thing unique that will help you stand out of competition( applicants with background similar to that of yours).

My advice is that you must target your GMAT score at nothing less than 700 to stand a good chance in Indian B- Schools.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

@itskals Thanks for your input & yes i am targeting XLRI & other Top Bschools of India & not the IIM's . My question is during Placements in B-schools whether everyone is treated equally like students coming from GMAT and from CAT are treated differently giving value to CAT students.
@itskals Indian B-schools while taking admission do they follow the same criteria of CAT or some different criteria (i am totally unknown may ask some stupid questions). Can u get me some cut-off list of different college if there are any. What are the deadlines of the colleges because i am planning for June GMAT. I am having very weak profile X- 60, XII- 62 & Grad (Btech) -62 Work Exp- till now 16 months Profile - Electrical +Marketing Engineer.
@shattereddream Moslty not. Once you do you MBA from the respective college, your performance during the MBA course becomes most important factor for your placements.

@aditya_wolvi

Hi,

would like to start this thread for all GMAT ISB planning to give GMAT by oct 2013 before the first dead line for ISB.

would really like to hear and share things through the prepartion.

hi dude,I am also planning to apply for ISB this year,I have scheduled my exam on 27 th august.

Howz ur preparation gng on?

did u joined any institute?

hope all are going good with prep...August is nearing so most of you might have already finished 25% prep by now.Well i have just started things with official guide.

Does anybody has an ebook for math concepts

Which is the best coachig center in Hyderabad..I have already attended Manhattan coachig classes in Madhapur but ended up with a very low score i Verbal..My quant is very strong..Can u suggest me any centres which give a good coaching in verbal?

Hi Puys!

I'm Rohan & I'm gonna start my preparation for GMAT from this month. I've fixed the GMAT date as

9th December, 2013. That'll give me like 4 full months of time. I really need some feedback on my chances. Also, I'm planning to join Manhattan Review (MR) in Himayathnagar/Tarnaka.

Here are my details:

10th (CBSE from DAV)-- 88%

12th (State Board)------ 93%

B.Tech

(NIT, Nagpur)--- 7.1 CGPA

Work Ex------------------ 13 months as Graduate Engineer Trainee in Automotive Axles Ltd, Mysore

Please let me know if MR is good or any other institute for coaching is better?

Since my lesser work-ex doesn't allow me for ISB Admission, is ******** still an option for getting the coaching because the name is a little delusional.

Please do respond. Hoping for a reply really soon.

Thanks!

Rohan

Hello all,
I am a new member here, Please help me out with GMAT preparation with your suggestions how do i start and take it forward.