GMAT Prep from Jan13...need help please

HI,I have an IT experience of above 6 yrs and keen on appearing for GMAT by May13 or before. However I have some questions if anyone can please answer,1) I generally have times on weekends and very little on weekdays for prep. In this situatio…

HI,

I have an IT experience of above 6 yrs and keen on appearing for GMAT by May13 or before. However I have some questions if anyone can please answer,

1) I generally have times on weekends and very little on weekdays for prep. In this situation how much time it needs to get ready for GMAT on an average?

2) Does signing on to some sites like mastergmat.com help for prep?

3) The official guide and Kaplan are good enough for the prep?

4) Does joining a coaching class help more?

5) The PGPX programs of IIMs are basically diplomas, are they worth?

I am looking out for institues like ISB, INSEAD, University of YALE.

While I still go through all the forums, please can someone guide me through these questions? so that i can atleast come to know what study material would be optimum and start the prep accordingly.

Thanks a lot in advance!

thanks Ashish....its pretty difficult to find a good teacher for GMAT...those clases are often just for money making.....anyway...thanks a lot for guidance so far..!

@EducationAisle thanks a lot for all this info...
Hi guys I am kunal. I planning to give my GMAT in March/April 2013. Any suggestion on GMAT Coaching Institute in Ahmedabad. I am concentrating full time for GMAT. Any aspirants respond me back... my email is [email protected]ďťż

I am not concentrating full time on GMAT as I am a working professional....but yes would like to know if there is any good coaching available in Pune... my mail is [email protected]

@star69 said:
I am not concentrating full time on GMAT as I am a working professional....but yes would like to know if there is any good coaching available in Pune... my mail is [email protected]
Dude, I am not located in Pune. i am in Ahmedabad. when r u planning to give the test.

@kunaldelwadia Right I understood you are from Ahmedabad dude! I was just expressing that I have the same requirement as yours but from Pune...I am planning to give the test by May13

There might be number of institutes in Pune because I think there are at least some aspirants for GMAT. but in here its very difficult to find one. So demand is very less here so definatly less institutes for coaching. And I had recently a very bad experience with CF INDIA PORTAL. They will take away your money with providing any facilities. they don't have faculty. Always will give excuse after payment of fees. so please if you get any marketing call from these Institute don't believe them. its based in MUMBAI/PUNE.They took my 15000 and now not even refunding it even if no class has started, no material is given, no faculty. although they promise of refund if a student doesn't get 750+ score.

@star69 said:
@kunaldelwadia Right I understood you are from Ahmedabad dude! I was just expressing that I have the same requirement as yours but from Pune...I am planning to give the test by May13
Dude just have a look at endeavour coaching institute for GMAT, Here in ahmedabad One of friend gave me good feedback about it. Viist them but don't make decision in hurry. Take your time and consult at least 10 students before joining the institute. don't get cheated like me Beware Of "CF INDIA PORTAL"
@kunaldelwadia hey thanks dude....will surely check if we have any such coasching here in pune...and if yes then how is it...in the past i have visited many coaching classes but i didnt get admitted to them as my gut feeling was not giving me a green signal to join them....i guess my gut feeling saved me....thanks a lot, lets keep discussing any new deveopments.... :))

Went through the official guide ...they dont provide the strategy to crack questions....as I am starting from scratch I would like to know if there are books that may help me start with scratch? like tips and tricks and strategies to solve questions?

Guys, I also need some help in self-preparing for the GMAT as i am out of India now and targeting to take the test by April / May 2013. Please let me know your valuable feedback. Thanks in advance