GMAT Over - 680! ISB??

hi all, Thanks for all your words of wisdom and advice on this forum. Finally my GMAT is over, but i fell short from my targetted score by 20 pts. I scored 680 on my GMAT on 19 March 2005. Quants - 50 Verbal - 31 The score was…

hi all,

Thanks for all your words of wisdom and advice on this forum. Finally my GMAT is over, but i fell short from my targetted score by 20 pts.

I scored 680 on my GMAT on 19 March 2005.
Quants - 50
Verbal - 31

The score was pretty much same as i was doing in my mocks....!
I am quite satisfied with my 680 vis-a-vis the work pressure and time i devoted in my studies . Though a 20 or 10 points :grab: would have helped me equal the ISB average of 690, it is kind of OK score:smile: . But i read here itself on PG that this year the ISB avg might increase to 710!!

Well, going forward i am looking for applying to ISB in R1. Lets see what happens. On table i have -

1. 3 yrs exp in IT with 1 yr exp at client location.
2. Loads of extracurriculars - poetry, Advertising & promotional works, creative writing, etc.
3. GMAT score - 680.

Since IT background makes me quite a part of the big crowd...i need to do some soul searching to find the uniqueness. Well at least for some time, as GMAT is over...the already hectic schedule will be less hectic

Would need loads of inputs from the wise janta here for the way ahead!!Do i stand a chance at ISB??

~Nits
*first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you and then you win!* - M.K. Gandhi

congrates buddy

you got 680 on Gmat...bussycan i know the procedure of Gmat..i appreared cat and got 85 percentile and now i am thinking for Gmat..how long i'ld have to prepare for gmat.plz suggest me details abt Gmat Fees and from where i would take the coaching for this.

is there any work ex .require to give the test.

congrates buddy

you got 680 on Gmat...bussycan i know the procedure of Gmat..i appreared cat and got 85 percentile and now i am thinking for Gmat..how long i'ld have to prepare for gmat.plz suggest me details abt Gmat Fees and from where i would take the coaching for this.

is there any work ex .require to give the test.

Hi Saurabh,

If you have already prepared for CAT then 4 -6 weeks of preperation will be enoough putting at least 2 hrs a day.

No coaching is required for a person who already prepared for CAT. Reagrding GMAT Fee, its 250$ for once. No work experience is required as a criteria to appear in GMAT.

The procedure is simple as far as taking GMAT is concerned; just log on to and you can schedule your GMAT on a centre and date of your choice as per the availability. Pay online through credit/debit card and you are all set to rock on the G-day !!

As far as the prep is concerned, as per my experience i think, in the initial 2 weeks go though the lessons on various topics ( Princeton & Kaplan), thereafter pick up sectional tests and questions from Official guide to GMAT review, find out your grey areas, settle them with some more practice and clearing fundas.

Then in the last 15 days start taking full lengths...from Kaplan, Princeton and at last ETS.

Thats it, and on the last day dont touch anything.....just relax !!

For more details refer to and you can schedule your GMAT on a centre and date of your choice as per the availability. Pay online through credit/debit card and you are all set to rock on the G-day !!

As far as the prep is concerned, as per my experience i think, in the initial 2 weeks go though the lessons on various topics ( Princeton & Kaplan), thereafter pick up sectional tests and questions from Official guide to GMAT review, find out your grey areas, settle them with some more practice and clearing fundas.

Then in the last 15 days start taking full lengths...from Kaplan, Princeton and at last ETS.

For more details refer to www.mba.com and you can schedule your GMAT on a centre and date of your choice as per the availability. Pay online through credit/debit card and you are all set to rock on the G-day !!

For more details refer to [url=http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?t=2562

Best luck ,
~Nits