GMAT myths

ok I gave my GMAT couple of days back, not really ecstatic about the 700 I got but I thought I can still help eliminating some myths. Myth 1. Maths is a cake walk – It’s not. I always scored a 50-51 in whichever tests I took. In the real G…

ok I gave my GMAT couple of days back, not really ecstatic about the 700 I got but I thought I can still help eliminating some myths.

Myth 1. Maths is a cake walk -- It's not. I always scored a 50-51 in whichever tests I took. In the real GMAT i got at least 22-24 Qs of Data sufficiency, half which I would rate as difficult. This included a string of 8 continuous DS Qs between Q20 to Q30 first 6 of which were based on either geometry or coordinate geometry which is not my forte at all. After this string of Qs I started getting easy Qs. I knew I was screwed but still didn't expect something as less as 48. I always used to finish the Maths section with at least half an hr remaining, on D-day I had just 6 mins remaining.

Myth 2. Sentence correction is bloody tough -- No it's not. The Qs in GMAT are a tad easier than those in the Official Guide or other books. Do consult Manhattan SC, but do not get paranoid about SC.

Myth 3. Critical reasoning is easy to crack if you are logically sound. -- A lot of the Qs here are huge in length and you have to concentrate really hard on the language to get to the real logic. Also bold face Qs are not necessarily tough.

Let others add on to this list which will help other future test takers.

Cheers

I can totally relate to the 1st two listed above. Agreed.

Hi,
congrats 4 ur score ...
yaar m planning to write gmat next yr... i need your help regarding info about tuition fee of US univ. Can you please let me know about the approx. tuition fee of good/decent univ. or any thread which is already having this discussion.

thanks and congrats again.