Gmat may 2010

:: ALL GMATARIAN I STILL NOT APPLIED FOR GMAT BUT I PLAN FOR MID OF MAY SO ANY ONE WHO HAS SAME PLAN AS ME THEN JOIN IN THIS THREAD. … I M AN ENGINEERING GRADUATE, WORKING IN NTPC ltd AND HAVE 4+ YEARS WORK :EXPRIENCE.

ALL GMATARIAN
I STILL NOT APPLIED FOR GMAT
BUT I PLAN FOR MID OF MAY
SO ANY ONE WHO HAS SAME PLAN AS ME
THEN JOIN IN THIS THREAD.
I M AN ENGINEERING GRADUATE, WORKING IN NTPC ltd
AND HAVE 4+ YEARS WORK :EXPRIENCE.

Hi Guys,

Even I am planning the same. Somewhere around May 1st week.
I carry with me 3 years of experience in Consulting. Looking forward for to a healthy discussion here.

Hi Guys,

Even I am planning the same. Somewhere around May 1st week.
I carry with me 3 years of experience in Consulting. Looking forward for to a healthy discussion here.

hi zoom zoom welcome.......

HELLO MR. JAIN AND MR. ZOOM

I WISH IF EVEN I CAN JOIN YOUR GROUP BECAUSE I AM FROM THE SAME CADRE. I PLANNED TO GIVE GMAT IN THE PAST BUT THE PEER GROUP WAS MISSING. HOPE TO FIND IT IN YOU THIS SEASON...CHEERS AND HOPE WE ALL ACHIEVE SUCCESS...

:cheerio:

Hi....All

I too join this forum...planning to write somewhere around mid may....

I have total of 3.5 years of exp.... in IT.

Shashank

hi friends
i m glad to hear that i m not alone here
so come to the point
the first thing we all have to do is work harder than hard.....
and second start our prep on a firm and definite goal path...
so first i want to concentrate on sentence correction(SC) and Reading Comprehension(RC).
for sc we have to finish
1) English grammar by wren and martin
2) Manhattan sc guide
3) OG11
4) Kaplan
5) kaplan800
so first we start English grammar by wren and martin.......
and also
we give 1 hour to Kaplan Reading Comprehension.
At least up to feb we concentrate on SC and RC only..

I am also planning to give GMAT in MAY 2010. I am having 8-9 years experience in software. How to start? I have not registered for GMAT yet.

As stated above which Kaplan book for RC? Please suggest the books also.

hi guys...
am currently in mumbai working in finance for past 4.5 years...aiming 4 gmat 2010 in june... haven't applied as yet.. purchased OG - 12th yesterday only.. am planning 2 start wid it... letz all keep a track... & also solve eachother's problem also... all d best 2 us n 2 our preparations....

I still have some queries. Please advice.

1. Do we have to do whole of Wren n Martin?
  2. Kaplan 2010 live online or Kaplan Premier 2010?
  3. Can we make some plans regarding what to finish per week
  4. and some schedule

thanks
I am also planning to give GMAT in MAY 2010. I am having 8-9 years experience in software. How to start? I have not registered for GMAT yet.

As stated above which Kaplan book for RC? Please suggest the books also.

HI vinita
i welcome u in this group
i think u will register Gmat after fab, so that u at least finish basics, and have confidence.i also register in fab for may 2010 GMAT.
Kaplan book for RC is "GMAT PREMIER PROGRAM-KAPLAN."
for starting u go through www.MBA.com for basic knowledge of GMAT...
then as i suggest first we finish SC and RC up to fab.. so for SC we first start wren & martin and for RC we give 1 hour daily study of kaplan book mentioned above.
hi guys...
am currently in mumbai working in finance for past 4.5 years...aiming 4 gmat 2010 in june... haven't applied as yet.. purchased OG - 12th yesterday only.. am planning 2 start wid it... letz all keep a track... & also solve eachother's problem also... all d best 2 us n 2 our preparations....

welcome diks

Hello All,

I am also in the same boat with all you guys, planning to write GMAT this May.
Have 4 years of IT experience.

Need to know how to start with Verbal part.

I still have some queries. Please advice.
  1. Do we have to do whole of Wren n Martin?
  2. Kaplan 2010 live online or Kaplan Premier 2010?
  3. Can we make some plans regarding what to finish per week
  4. and some schedule

thanks

1)yes there is no way for shortcut...so we go through whole of wren & martin book except its last section "written Composition"
2)Kaplan Premier Program ( i have 2007 edition)
3)i appreciate ur initiative, yes we make plan and schedule and study accordingly. And also discuss our problems.
my plan is to finish SC up to FAB in all aspect as i mentioned earlier in this blog. and also RC up to some extent. Then we study all sections and also give mock test in march.. i have a thorough plan..i share it with u accordingly..and improve it by including your suggestions in it.
so my plan for this week (up to 24/jan) is to finish wren & martin grammar section with its exercise.

hi friends,

have 6+ years of experience , fall into indian IT male pool category... i had given CAT 2003 re-test and scored in 85 percentile.....the score wasnt good for the iims so decided to pursue for other opportunities and ended in working for a telecom company in europe for 2.5 years... i now feel my career prgress is stlled and have a compelling reason to do an MBA in general management /consulting.... i know there is cut-throat competition in india however i dont want to get scared. am plnning to give gmat in may 2010.one basic question is for cat and other entrance exams we have mock cats offered by institutes , for gmat how can i know how well i am performing ?

i lack any vision over how to study ?

thank you

1)yes there is no way for shortcut...so we go through whole of wren & martin book except its last section "written Composition"
2)Kaplan Premier Program ( i have 2007 edition)
3)i appreciate ur initiative, yes we make plan and schedule and study accordingly. And also discuss our problems.
my plan is to finish SC up to FAB in all aspect as i mentioned earlier in this blog. and also RC up to some extent. Then we study all sections and also give mock test in march.. i have a thorough plan..i share it with u accordingly..and improve it by including your suggestions in it.
so my plan for this week (up to 24/jan) is to finish wren & martin grammar section with its exercise.

Thanks for the valuable suggestions. I am glad I joined you today. I am confident now that I will be able to study for GMAT and get good score with your support.

I am in.......... profile is same .. lets get going .. guys share some schedule/plan if u have any

Guys,

All of you are best judges of your potentials. Normal trend is that people with engineering background have difficulties in English, me being no exception to that. So i suggest we should start from the basics and what better it could be than Manhattan Course book.
After completing Manhattan, Kaplan 800 because that presents a descent level of questions and finally OG12.

How much ever bond you are in Maths don't neglect it coz it has an equal role to play.

All the best to all for this crucial time.:cheerio:

Hi Guys,

Count me too.. I'm 1.5 yr exp in a top IT MNC. I think I'm little early to be here..

Anyways.. I'm planning to give it a shot in June '10.

hi friends,

have 6+ years of experience , fall into indian IT male pool category... i had given CAT 2003 re-test and scored in 85 percentile.....the score wasnt good for the iims so decided to pursue for other opportunities and ended in working for a telecom company in europe for 2.5 years... i now feel my career prgress is stlled and have a compelling reason to do an MBA in general management /consulting.... i know there is cut-throat competition in india however i dont want to get scared. am plnning to give gmat in may 2010.one basic question is for cat and other entrance exams we have mock cats offered by institutes , for gmat how can i know how well i am performing ?

i lack any vision over how to study ?

thank you

hi friend
there are mock test available for GMAT too.
kaplan,gmat prep,cambridge.