Gmat in July 2010 end for strategies

hello world, :: :: :: i am preparing for attempting Gmat during the last week of July or the first week of Aug, 2010. haven’t taken the date till now but will be within a couple of days from now. i m looking for study partners and …

hello world,

i am preparing for attempting Gmat during the last week of July or the first week of Aug, 2010. haven't taken the date till now but will be within a couple of days from now. i m looking for study partners and we can set goals for a week or so and then discuss our strategies and problems ONLINE. I think lot of people sitting out there in different cities,states and even country will like to pour in your suggestions and read what others want to say. and then finally work on the best plan available.

I know everybody in some corner of their heart want a perfect score so why don't we start sharing strategies and set goals.

Looking forward for a beautiful and a healthy competition.

:sneaky: :sneaky: 😞 😞

hi MADPG
i am also in the same boat.
umesh

I am also planning to take GMAT in coming July and aiming for ISB.Haven't started OG yet.Any strategies from puys are welcome.

hi
me too in the same boat........its good to have study with some strategy and target
ankita

hi all

thanks for bumping in. Am happy to find people who are interested in GMAT. But do any of you know where to begin from.

our in some inputs and lets begin our journey for the best.

Hi all,

I m also targeting to give the exam at tht time.. I have already given it once w/o much prep .. got an abysmal 650.. this i need to raise my score by 100 atleast.. So i m happy tag along for the prep..

Siddhartha

Hi all,

I m also targeting to give the exam at tht time.. I have already given it once w/o much prep .. got an abysmal 650.. this i need to raise my score by 100 atleast.. So i m happy tag along for the prep..

Siddhartha

hi

do you know what went wrong during the first time????
if Yes What???

Yeah I knw... I Took Quant for granted ... coz i knw i can do anythin thy got to offer... N concentrated only on SC... In the end i messed up both... missed few sitters in DS ... n as alws SC was over my head ... So it tells tht not only work on ur weak points.. keep workin on ur strong points too coz in the thy r gonna get u outta trouble... Still i need to figure out some way to tackle SC thts y m here...

i have read at a large number of places that Quant in OG is easy if that's true why don't we pick up any CAT(common aptitude test)material for Quant.

i think that for verbal we can pick up W&R; and by the end of Feb finish it. its gonna brush up as well as create a solid foundation for VERBAL section lets wait for a day or Two and let others pour in their thought and then we can begin.

In this brief period of time read a few online Material what ever you can get from
financial times
the economist
wsj
and w'll continue it to improve our reading skills as well as speed which is required for the PAPER.
Keep it in mind that do write on a paper the basic idea of the passage which we will discuss of course.

thanks for your input.

Hey.....m in the same boat.....any group formed till now?????please do let me know...we can share some study material also....

Hi guys, im also planning to give gmat in july end..

Hi :D

I am also planning to give GMAT in July.
I have already started my prep.
What I suggest :

1. SC from Manhattan SC ( New Edition - Which is based on the OG - 12)
  2. Powerscore Bible for Critical reasoning ( It has a very different & useful approach )
  3. Kaplan - For Reading Comprehension & maths
All the above materials are really very very good & awesome, but a lot of hard work and patience is required to complete them .Because sometimes it becomes very boring to read 300 pages of theory & explanations on just one section ( Critical Reasoning / Sentence Correction )

And this bug has surely bitten me . I have lost my enthusiasm & the tempo with which I had started my prep.
I really need a study partner .Its very boring to study alone.I feel as if I m the only one studing fr GMAT :shocked:.
So, anyone ineterested in sharing your plans , doubts , anxiety , goals ..anything ..just anythng related to GMAT pls reply.
I am also fine wid online study partners.
It would be great if we could meet up somewhere , if someone interested is in my city ( I live in vashi , navi mumbai )

Lets form a group ...Study buddies..to help each other ....

Waiting fr replies......

Thanks

hello world,

i am preparing for attempting Gmat during the last week of July or the first week of Aug, 2010. haven't taken the date till now but will be within a couple of days from now.
Looking forward for a beautiful and a healthy competition.

:sneaky: :sneaky: 😞 😞

hi
i wud be giving the gmat in august ... i had a query as to how much time in advance do we have to take the date for the xam?

Hi Sachin,

It would be great if you can share the study material...

im kool with an online group to know abt the status of our prep and to keep the motivation levels...

What I suggest :

2. Powerscore Bible for Critical reasoning ( It has a very different & useful approach )
All the above materials are really very very good & awesome, but a lot of hard work and patience is required to complete them .Because sometimes it becomes very boring to read 300 pages of theory & explanations on just one section ( Critical Reasoning / Sentence Correction )

And this bug has surely bitten me . I have lost my enthusiasm & the tempo with which I had started my prep.
I really need a study partner .Its very boring to study alone.I feel as if I m the only one studing fr GMAT :shocked:.
So, anyone ineterested in sharing your plans , doubts , anxiety , goals ..anything ..just anythng related to GMAT pls reply.
It would be great if we could meet up somewhere , if someone interested is in my city ( I live in vashi , navi mumbai )

Waiting fr replies......

Thanks

Hi Sachin,

It would be great if you can share the study material...

im kool with an online group to know abt the status of our prep and to keep the motivation levels...

Hi,

Actually I m using the hard copies ( books ) for Manhataan SC & Kaplan Premier Program Edition 2009 .They are easily available in every store , u will get it anywhere .And yes for Powerscore Bible I have a scanned soft copy .Give me ur mail id I will send it to u ...

And it would be great if we could make some study plans ......

Count me in dude for the preparations.

I am taking GMAT in June

Count me in dude for the preparations.

I am taking GMAT in June

Thath's Great

So , how much time you all can devote in a day , for GMAT prep.
We all must b working , so I know its very difficult to find time on a normal working day & ya ofcourse we can spend some more time on saturdays & sundays...

I try to sit fr atleast 1 and a half hrs daily ...

Calling all d interested ppl ...

I think its very useful to form a study group :cheers: , if u r nt attending any coaching classes...

Thanks,

Sachin Anand
Thath's Great

So , how much time you all can devote in a day , for GMAT prep.
We all must b working , so I know its very difficult to find time on a normal working day & ya ofcourse we can spend some more time on saturdays & sundays...

I try to sit fr atleast 1 and a half hrs daily ...

Calling all d interested ppl ...

I think its very useful to form a study group :cheers: , if u r nt attending any coaching classes...

Thanks,

Sachin Anand

hello puys,
u all can count me in as well. I am planning for may first week or may end latest... depends when i first score 700 in my prep tests. I scored 600 in my first attempt in jan. will be happy to share any related information...

currently going on my business trip to india (yeah thats true) till 15th march... god its lot many days, but PG is the place to keep me updated...

cheers
Jigs

What I suggest :

Waiting fr replies......

Thanks

hi Sachin

Can u plz check ur inbox.Sent u my email id to share the soft copy of powerscore.Also if u have the sentence correction(manhattan)'s soft copy can you please send that too..thnks a ton :)

Ashu.