Gmat in dubai

For all GMAT Aspirants in Dubai , please lets communicate together on this common thread , if possible lets meet up / help each other with respect to GMAT Exams/ Preparation. By working in a group we would be able to know through each other a…

For all GMAT Aspirants in Dubai , please lets communicate together on this common thread , if possible lets meet up / help each other with respect to GMAT Exams/ Preparation.

By working in a group we would be able to know through each other about different aspects of prep / info abt books , materials .... abt exams etc..

Hoping for a good response on this thread .

Cheers

Anand Kumar

Hi Anand,

Glad to see your post. I'm also looking forward to be a part of a study group based in Dubai/Sharjah... (I am staying in Sharjah...)

Can u suggest me book stores in Dubai where we can get GMAT Official Guide-12th edition & OG for Verbal & Quants...

Hope WE form the Study Group...

Good luck...

Hi

First of all , whats your name, buddy?

About the books.. i havent bought any books from here in Dubai for the obvious reason that they are expensive.. I am following Barrons Gmat 2009 14th Edition , which was bought from India.

Which book are you following ?
When are you plannin to crack the GMAT ?

Are you working or a student ? Do let me know your details...

Cheers

Anand

Oops...forgot to mention, sorry....

Sabari here, working in Dubai...

Planning to crack GMAT during June'10...Guess it must be sufficient for a working professional...

I have just begun by collecting details & observed that most people recommended Official Guide as the starting point..., hence planning to buy the same...

As I'm targeting 700+, also thinking of buying KAPLAN 800 in the subsequent months...

Let me see where i end up....

Please go through the link, it might be useful...
http://www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gmat/post41054

Cheers...
Sabari...

Hey buddies

I am in Al-Ain

Planning to take GMAT in june

Had already postponed the GMAT once

hey,
i m sunny...i stay in abu dhabi...

will be giving the gmat ...hoping 700+..

anyone else???

hey guys..

nice to know that there are ppl in this thread responding to fellow gmat-takers in the UAE.

are u guys planning to join any coaching centres ? if so , pls do let me know abt it....

at the moment i m doing it by myself... might change the strategy to go to a good coaching centre..(if a 'good " one does exist..)

how are u guys strategising ur load in gmat ? are u taking one section one at a time to study or doing more of practice tests ?

lets share ideas... these will help any readers , reading this thread..

hey sabari..

btw i forgot to mention , the link that u posted isnt opening for me well..

can u recheck ?

hey....wats ur email id???

[email protected]

Hi Anand & Sunny,

I have sent you both a PM ...

I will be starting preparation by next week, as I'm waiting for the OG ...

I want to see how i fare preparing on my own, hence no plans for a coaching center right now...

As the first step, planning do an assessment test to identify the strengths and weaknesses. Based on that, need to decide what has to be studied first and study sequence to be arrived at.

Taking a practice test after this will be ideal as it gives a chance to gauge the effectiveness of preparation as well as the focus areas for subsequent practice...

Practice in the weak areas, take a full practice test, check improvement, analyze areas which need further improvement...

I think three of these Plan,Do,Check,Act cycles will suffice in scoring a decent score, say 725 to 750...

The link is not opening when clicked at. Try opening it in a new browser window by copy paste..
http://www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gmat/26097-790-gmat-q50-v51-4.html#post152529

PS: Anand, I think it is against the forum rules to post mail id in a thread...use PM for that..

Hi guys,

i stay in Saudi, preparing to give GMAT in AUG. .work exp 3+. i have already started the basics. below is what i have and my suggestion..

GMAT OFFICIAL GUIDE
OG VERBAL REVIEW
OG QUANTITATIVE REVIEW
GMAT KPALAN
KAPLAN ADVANCED
GMAT PRINCETON

So i think you need to get all the above stuff or atleast OG and one from KAPLAN or PRINCETON( my opinion).

About preperation... why not start your posts by just putting up your time table.. your day to day plan, .... you could later also update your progress, share your doubts.. and some one will in that specific area will answer.. So lets get started...

by the way i got all that above stuff from india..

Hi Puys,

I am living in Sharjah, working in Dubai...

Do let me know if you if you are planning to get in some Group study...

Cheers!

hi Rickson Philip , here is my id...sunny-bhatia@ hotmail... wat is urs???

Nice to see people preparing for Gmat here in dubai...pls let me know if u want to make any study group...

Hey all,

I help applicants with their MBA applications (essay content and strategy). In case you need help, do get in touch. I stay in Dubai.

hey....U stay in Dubai, r u an MBA aspirent??

MY ID IS [email protected], Wat is yours?

Sunny, I am not applying for MBA but help people with their applications - in writing winning essays. If you need help, you can contact me, I'll forward you my phone details.