GMAT in AUG 2011

Hi Every One I will be appearing for GMAT in the Aug2011, I am eyeing for R1, 2012 admissions and my aim is to at least score 750 on GMAT. I invite all pagals due for GMAT on Aug2011 to join this thread, so that we can form a group, share str…

Hi Every One

I will be appearing for GMAT in the Aug2011, I am eyeing for R1, 2012 admissions and my aim is to at least score 750 on GMAT. I invite all pagals due for GMAT on Aug2011 to join this thread, so that we can form a group, share strategies, and various materials, also we can share the insight about the B Schools we are aspiring for.

Looking forward to interact with other aspirants.

Hi Faqua,

I am also a GMAT aspirant planning to give it in September first half..Is this time period ok for R1 admissions?? How much time does it take generally to get the scorecard for applying to colleges???

Can you please share the books for preparing GMAT?? It would be of so much help to me as I am not exactly getting to know the books that are meant for preparing GMAT..

All the very Best for your GMAT preparations...!!!

-Navaneeth.

Hi Every One

I will be appearing for GMAT in the Aug2011, I am eyeing for R1, 2012 admissions and my aim is to at least score 750 on GMAT. I invite all pagals due for GMAT on Aug2011 to join this thread, so that we can form a group, share strategies, and various materials, also we can share the insight about the B Schools we are aspiring for.

Looking forward to interact with other aspirants.

Hi Puys,

I'm also planning to take the GMAT in around August 2011. A good score will definitely add value, so hope to score well above 700.

Navneet, Official Guide 12th Edition will be a good book to start practising GMAT level questions. In case you want to brush up on your basics/theory, you might wanna also go throug the MG Prep Manhattan Strategy Guides. You can visit other threads in this section as well to get more details of other relevant study/practice material.

Wishing everyone all the very best!

ciao!!!

Even I'm in for my GMAT in Aug .... Have gven some Kaplan test preps scores have varied between 660 to 750 .... Will be goin for GMATTest Prep module . One of my friends who scored an amazing 780 ... Told me to go thru the Manhattan strategy guides whic are 8 in number , and take my view those are excellent .... as told by some others too

Coolrahine
Last taken scores
CAT - 98.01
CET - 99.92

Hi every one,

Good to know that the thread is alive and growing,

Navneethkrish, I think September 1st week is bit late for R1, you would be missing ISB R1 date of 15th Sep, apart from that most US schools have R1 deadline around October/November so even in that respect you will find yourself on tight leash as I feel Essays should consume at least a couple of months and they are as important as GMAT score is..

In terms of books I completely agree with you guys that Manhattan prep strategy guides are great source for GMAT preparation,
Being some one already appeared in GMAT and scored 720 I suggest few specific topic wise reading material....

OG verbal guide/math's guide (second edt.)

CR..Powerscore CR Bible/LSAT bible

SC.Aristotle SC grail ( A must if u find it difficult to go through Manhattan SC guide)

RCRC99(its only a practice material, no conceptual material)

I don't thing for quant any of you guys will need much of an assistance.
PS - it would be great if we can post about the US B school we are aspiring for.

Hi every one,

Navneethkrish, I think September 1st week is bit late for R1, you would be missing ISB R1 date of 15th Sep, apart from that most US schools have R1 deadline around October/November so even in that respect you will find yourself on tight leash as I feel Essays should consume at least a couple of months and they are as important as GMAT score is..

In terms of books I completely agree with you guys that Manhattan prep strategy guides are great source for GMAT preparation,
Being some one already appeared in GMAT and scored 720 I suggest few specific topic wise reading material....

OG verbal guide/maths guide (second edt.)

SC.Aristotle SC grail ( A must if u find it difficult to go through Manhattan SC guide)

I dont thing for quant any of you guys will need much of an assistance.
PS it would be great if we can post about the US B school we are aspiring for.

Hi Faqua,

Thank you for those valuable suggestions. I had planned to give the exam in July but due to unforeseen circumstances, I havent had the time to prepare. Hence, plan to book the exam for sometime in early Aug (most probably 10th Aug). Would it be too late to apply to ISB R1?
Hi every one,

OG verbal guide/maths guide (second edt.)

I dont thing for quant any of you guys will need much of an assistance.
PS it would be great if we can post about the US B school we are aspiring for.

Hi Faqua,

Thanks for ur valuable suggestions..
I have booked my GMAT test date on Sept 7th,2011 due to some unavoidable circumstances.Moreover, I am not that confident enough to take GMAT somewhere in August itself, as I havent scored well in my 3 attempts of CAT so far... 😞 I have started preparing but just in bits and pieces..Striving to be punctual in preparing daily......If u are a resident of Mumbai, can you plz suggest me some good places for buying Second-hand GMAT books???

Is there any chance for applying for ISB - R1 admissions 2012 with Online GMAT scorecard?? Any other colleges which has R1 deadline before end of September??? (I am hopefully confident of finishing all appln and essay formalities within 20-25 days)

All the Best for your GMAT...!!!

Thanks in advance,
-Navaneeth...
Hi Faqua,

Thank you for those valuable suggestions. I had planned to give the exam in July but due to unforeseen circumstances, I havent had the time to prepare. Hence, plan to book the exam for sometime in early Aug (most probably 10th Aug). Would it be too late to apply to ISB R1?

provided that you will be able to finish your essays within time, there is no harm with your GMAT appointment date, my suggestion is that you should be aware with the essay topics from now and think about the possible handles for them, once you are done with GMAT you can develop those handle.
Hi Faqua,

Thanks for ur valuable suggestions..
I have booked my GMAT test date on Sept 7th,2011 due to some unavoidable circumstances.Moreover, I am not that confident enough to take GMAT somewhere in August itself, as I havent scored well in my 3 attempts of CAT so far... 😞 I have started preparing but just in bits and pieces..Striving to be punctual in preparing daily......If u are a resident of Mumbai, can you plz suggest me some good places for buying Second-hand GMAT books???

Is there any chance for applying for ISB - R1 admissions 2012 with Online GMAT scorecard?? Any other colleges which has R1 deadline before end of September??? (I am hopefully confident of finishing all appln and essay formalities within 20-25 days)

All the Best for your GMAT...!!!

Thanks in advance,
-Navaneeth...

I think with 7th Sep, you would not be considered for R1 as your official score will not reach ISB within stipulated time, you can always confirm it at ISB web site, apart from that if you are looking for US B schools like me then it wont be a problem as their R1 deadlines stretch upto Nov.......but I think you are doing the sensible thing as GMAT appears to be one of the most deciding factors and one should be extremely serious about it.

Hello...I myself am writing GMAT in a few weeks from now. The problem I am facing is rather trivial, I just cant manage to take the free GMAT practise test on Kaplan's website. I go to my profile page, and click on the link Take a free GMAT Practice Test, but the browser just fails to open it.
Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I read that some of the puys here have written Kaplan. Am thinking of buying a test series of GMAT Cat's to prepare. Any suggestions on which ones to buy? There are a lot of options, each claiming to be better than the other.
Thanks in advance...

Hello...I myself am writing GMAT in a few weeks from now. The problem I am facing is rather trivial, I just cant manage to take the free GMAT practise test on Kaplan's website. I go to my profile page, and click on the link Take a free GMAT Practice Test, but the browser just fails to open it.
Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I read that some of the puys here have written Kaplan. Am thinking of buying a test series of GMAT Cat's to prepare. Any suggestions on which ones to buy? There are a lot of options, each claiming to be better than the other.
Thanks in advance...

As far as I am concern, not a big fan of Kaplan, it may have some value in terms of simulation of exam like ambience but the questions are not any where near to the actual GMAT, even the scaling is absurd ( yes one can score 54 in quant of Kaplan), if you are just few weeks away from D day, your best bet is 6 test of Manhattan prep, also there are two different versions of GMAT prep, one can also opt for powerprep but be aware because there might be an overlap between power prep and OG questions, I can tell by my experience that only GMAT prep can provide you a feel of real GMAT test anything else is mere practice and speculation.

Guys ,

I'm in for GMAT in Sept :)

Cheers !

Guys ,

PFB the path of torrent file :

[url=xxxxtorrentpathxxxx

Hope this help !

P.S. I'm in for GMAT in Sept :)

Cheers !

Hi SonuInfy,
It is not allowed to share any copyright GMAT material on the forum.
Please remove the link from your post!

Please see the following post for more details.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-announcement-caution-notice-to-all-gmat-section-users-25032554

Cheers
Kat-Kit

please help me out..
i am working as a web marketer in FORBES BLOGGER
i want to do my mba from abroad

Dear Puys,

3 months back i booked GMAT test date on 3rd aug. I was transferred from Mumbai so couldn't study at one stretch

> I wish to extend/change my test date to 21 sept. Will this changing of date hamper my prospects for entry into top b schools

> If I take my GMAT in last week of sept....how do I go from here and plan for essays/reco of college. I am targetting isb,hkust,nus,ntu,insead,hult,spjain dubai, glakes......What the best strategy i should adopt to complete the applications. ( I am working full time from 8 to 8 )

> do i need to take ielts/tofel for these colleges ??

> I have close to 4yr sand 8 months of job exp in power sector-construction what min score I should be targetting now i am still hovering around 630-650 in 2 tests.

Thanks
Mechanimal

So Manhattan is the one closest to the actual GMAT CAT? Should I go ahead and purchase it?? And what about Crack GMAT??

Hi Guys,

I've also booked the GMAT date in Aug. Started the preparation with first GMAT prep test and got 650 but the target is too far (750). I need to work really hard in verbal especially in SC, so going through Manhattan SC guide and I'm loving it .... ! Another problem is, how to get regular with the study :(... I must find some solution before it is too late.

PLZ SUGGEST GMAT TEST SERIES

As I've 1-2 months in hand, I want to join some good test series. Any suggestion how to go for the mock tests. One of my friends suggested me to take Manhattan(6) and GMAT prep(2) mock tests, will these be sufficient?

I am also pondering over the option to join Jamboree GMAT test series (15 tests for Rs. 12k) but I don't know how good it would be? Anyone has idea, how does it work? What's the quality of tests? Are the questions prepared by coaching experts or are just collected from other popular mock tests? Does faculty help in clearing doubt? Is it helpful in improving the final score.

Or, is it better to join some popular online test series (kaplan, Princeton, knewton etc) than Jambore's.

Any suggestions regarding test series are most welcome.
Thanks.

There are many products available in market, but the problem is that most of them are valuable in terms of practice only. If you ask any one who has gone through such an material followed by GMAT, he would agree with the fact that it is rare to find GMAT type question in any practice material.
Here are my suggestion (of course based on my experience)

Download 2 different version of GMAT prep and 1 version of power Prep. (total 5 test)
If you have any difficulty in finding the link, PM me and I will send the same.

Since all of the above are CAT so one should at least administrate each of them more then once and still one will find new question.

Manhattan GMAT (six tests) these are bit tough for quant so administrate only when you are at the top of your preparation.

Kaplan test- really worth for practice only.

Grockit - there are five test and quite a few OG types question, fun to solve and easy on pocket.

Also don't go for any Indian coaching as almost all of their material are plagiarized from others, if you are looking for some tough quant practice I would recommend GMAT club test as they are really great in terms of value.