GMAT from 590( gmatprep1) to 700 to 730( Q-50, V-38)

Hey guys…this is all about my GMAT story:- I started my GMat prep in the month of may this year. Since I had taken CAT( for IIM’s) last year, problem solving was not much of an issue, but verbal and DS section was quite a struggle( Verbal i…

Hey guys...this is all about my GMAT story:-

I started my GMat prep in the month of may this year. Since I had taken CAT( for IIM's) last year, problem solving was not much of an issue, but verbal and DS section was quite a struggle( Verbal in GMAT is the toughest english test, second only to LSAT). I did not take training from any institute but took tips from a relative, who teaches for gmat. I first took a test- GMAT PREP1( official gmat test software available for free at mba.com). I scored a dismal 590( q-47, v-25). I started slogging from the month of May- 5 hours a day.Took gmat in mid July- score 700. NOt satisfied with this score, planned to retake again since applications start in October. Gave gmat again on the 4th sept, banged it 730(( Q-50, V-3. 😃 :):biggrin:
I refered to the following materials in chronological order:-

1. Manhattan SC, rc and cr guide
  2. OG 11
  3. Kaplan premier edition 2007
  4. Kaplan verbal workbook
  5. Kaplan 800( sum good tough questions)
  6. questions from websites - gmatclub.com( forum questions) , beatthegmat.com
  7. OG 12
  8. Manhattan archieve - maths challenge
  9. 1000 series SC, RC
  10. lsat rc and cr( partly)

I took 6 manhattan tests and 5 kaplan tests apart from 2 official gmat practice tests.Manhattan tests were very good and its score algorithm close to the real gmat one.Kaplan tests are good for practice before manhattan but the scoring is skewed. Please post your questions.If u need more material other than these, I can provide.post ur mail id..with material requirement.

Congrats Buddy ..

thanks dude...

all bakwaas yaar

Hi Ayushman. Thats impressive. I am planning to take my gmat next month. Have just started preparing. Need all teh hel;p and material I can get. Scored 530 on Gmat test on MBA.com. Please guide and share.

regards

Kanupriya