GMAT:Discuss, rate and provide feedback on essay writing (AWA)

I did try to find a thread where I could share my essay on an issue, but all in vain. Therefore, I decided to take the initiative and open this thread where I want you to give me feedback on essay I have written. @Mod: If there is a similar t…

I did try to find a thread where I could share my essay on an issue, but all in vain. Therefore, I decided to take the initiative and open this thread where I want you to give me feedback on essay I have written.

@Mod: If there is a similar thread, then forward it there. If there is no such thread, then please make it a sticky.

BTW, My essay.

Issue: People often complain that products are not made to last. They feel that making products that wear out fairly quickly wastes both natural and human resources. What they fail to see, however, is that such manufacturing practices keeps costs down for the consumer and stimulate demand.
My response to it:
Every product which comes in the market is because of the demand created by people. Society has all kind of people with all sort of needs. Therefore, every business decision of making a product is taken after a careful observation of the demand of people. If people say that the product which wears away quickly is the wastage of both natural resources and human resources, then they are not taking the whole perspective of the situation. Rather it's the manufacturing practices which keep the costs of products down and creating more demand.
Lets take an example of an FMCG such as shampoo which we use on our hair. Big companies such as Proctor and Gamble, Unilever make shampoos under the banner name of Pantene and Sunsilk respectively. Their shampoo comes in a pouch pack too, which gets finished after 2-3 applications. They also have bigger packing which can last for a month but still producing a shampoo pouch is due to the fact that, major market can afford pouch and also it when demand is high, bulk production allows companies to reduce its cost.
Another example can be of Cars. Car can be a luxury sedan or a small TATA Nano. Will you call Ratan's decision of launching Rs.1 lakh on Indian roads a waste of resource. No, it is the most effective use of natural and human resource as this mega project will make the dreams of millions, true. Of-course the life of car will be less as compared to other luxury sedans but that doesn't give us the solid reason to not to launch this project.
These projects and products are in the market just because of mass manufacturing which helps in reducing the price of a product, thereby creating more demand and giving employment to more people.
Natural and human resource will be a waste only when it won't be of any use to mankind. Up till these are utilized by human being, it's not a waste. Therefore, when we make a product which don't last long, we are not wasting resources rather we are reducing the cost of a product.

Please provide your feedback on every aspect i.e premises, organization, control of language, grammar etc. I'll wait for your response.