GMAT course of IMS -- MBA PRO

Dear Experts, I am aspiring for MBA abroad. Kindly let me know your views on the GMAT preparatory courses available. Also how’s the GMAT course of IMS ? TIA, Sharat

Dear Experts,

I am aspiring for MBA abroad. Kindly let me know your views on the GMAT preparatory courses available. Also how's the GMAT course of IMS ?

TIA,

Sharat

Dear Experts,

I am aspiring for MBA abroad. Kindly let me know your views on the GMAT preparatory courses available. Also how's the GMAT course of IMS ?

TIA,

Sharat

Hi!!

I took the IMS GMAT classes....and it was totally useless...even the material is shitty. I would personally not advise you to take up the classes....but they can help you during the application part....but i guess that you can take up separatley...

I took my gmat recently and got a 770.....I hav a blog on it...which you mite wanna go thru...it will help...

Get all the books...take a test date....go thru all the threads...you will find lotsa info..

ATB

For any course, there are a lot of things you should keep in my mind - but most important is to set expectations. Some words of wisdom from a GMAT entrepreneur:

(a) Don't look at just tips and tricks and short-cuts. GMAT is about having correct concepts, right approaches and keeping your cool/mental-stamina up for close to 4hours. Period. There is nothing like looking at a question and using POE etc. Places like PR cheat students by giving misleading questions.

(b) Ensure that the faculties have taken the GMAT and have the correct concepts. A bad faculty is worse than not taking the class at all. For a wrong concept can do more harm than having no concept at all.

(c) Whatever is taught ensure that you practice enough to reinforce those concepts. Many of the people who score a 700 - do so more because of dilligence and dint of hardwork than through pure aptitude and luck.

Hope this helps,

Arun

For any course, there are a lot of things you should keep in my mind - but most important is to set expectations. Some words of wisdom from a GMAT entrepreneur:

(a) Don't look at just tips and tricks and short-cuts. GMAT is about having correct concepts, right approaches and keeping your cool/mental-stamina up for close to 4hours. Period. There is nothing like looking at a question and using POE etc. Places like PR cheat students by giving misleading questions.

(b) Ensure that the faculties have taken the GMAT and have the correct concepts. A bad faculty is worse than not taking the class at all. For a wrong concept can do more harm than having no concept at all.

(c) Whatever is taught ensure that you practice enough to reinforce those concepts. Many of the people who score a 700 - do so more because of dilligence and dint of hardwork than through pure aptitude and luck.

Hope this helps,

Arun

I think this post should clear all the doubts and help all the guys out here who are undecided in their minds to join classes.

Whatever pyscho has said here is THE right way to decide...
I agree 200% with points 2 & 3. In my case both my faculties never took a GMAT. And I am sure the quant guy cudnt hav scored well...sorry for bein rude here..but thats why my firm belief is...so go for classes with gud faculties, not big names.

And then the age old golden rule...practice makes a man perfect...practice practice practice!!!

cheers!!
I think this post should clear all the doubts and help all the guys out here who are undecided in their minds to join classes.

Whatever pyscho has said here is THE right way to decide...
I agree 200% with points 2 & 3. In my case both my faculties never took a GMAT. And I am sure the quant guy cudnt hav scored well...sorry for bein rude here..but thats why my firm belief is...so go for classes with gud faculties, not big names.

And then the age old golden rule...practice makes a man perfect...practice practice practice!!!

cheers!!

Dude, my IMS Quant prof was god in Quant & got into ISB. But I left IMS as they werent student friendly. IMS is a place where you can brush up on your existing skills. If you dont have any & need to build some basic skills, I suggest private tutions.

I suggest the following materials for studies (Others are free to disagree)
1.) Manhattan Guide (Good)
2.) Kaplan 800 (Not so good but will do)
3.) Princeton Review (ok)