GMAT & MBA in Belgium

Hi All, I want to pursue MBA at Brussels(Belgium), but i dont have any information regarding colleges and courses here. If somebody has any knowledge about it,please share with me. Please share some knowledge about GMAT. Thanks …

Hi All,

I want to pursue MBA at Brussels(Belgium), but i dont have any information regarding colleges and courses here.
If somebody has any knowledge about it,please share with me.

Please share some knowledge about GMAT.

Thanks

SJ

Refrain from opening multiple threads on the same topic, as you have already opened a thread on GMAT and related section.

Have patience, your query will be answered.

IF you have something urgent feel free to PM me.

Hi,

If you can share your profile, then maybe I can give you some insights. There are two good colleges in Belgium -

1. Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School - The best in Belgium and good FT rankings in 2004/05/06 + if you are experienced and if you are well-versed with either French or Dutch language then you have an advantage here.

2. Solvay Business School - Not heard of it much, but it's good if you plan to puruse your career in Belgium. Tough competition for outsiders as you need to have the hang of the local language.

Both the colleges are good, but Vlerick has international faculities coming in regularly. Recruitment is a problem, cause here things work only via n/w'ing. Plus you need to have the practical knowledge of French or the Dutch language to consider yourself competititve enough, otherwise the ROI is very good.

- Rocksaint

Hi,

If you can share your profile, then maybe I can give you some insights. There are two good colleges in Belgium -

1. Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School - The best in Belgium and good FT rankings in 2004/05/06 + if you are experienced and if you are well-versed with either French or Dutch language then you have an advantage here.

2. Solvay Business School - Not heard of it much, but it's good if you plan to puruse your career in Belgium. Tough competition for outsiders as you need to have the hang of the local language.

Both the colleges are good, but Vlerick has international faculities coming in regularly. Recruitment is a problem, cause here things work only via n/w'ing. Plus you need to have the practical knowledge of French or the Dutch language to consider yourself competititve enough, otherwise the ROI is very good.

- Rocksaint

Hi rock saint.
You have been quite helpful in all your posts on Vlerick.
My query is about the job market, not placements exactly.
Is the job market for Consulting( business/IT) as dynamic as it is in India/South Asia. Or is it laid back as it was in India way back in the pre Y2K era?
I am taking my gmat in august 07. plan to apply for next year.

i seek few points about Vlerick Leuven.what is the total fees at Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School?what about placements at Vlerick Leuven, do they have companies coming for campus interviews like we have back home in India ?what the ranking of Vlerick Leuven amonst europen schools ?I have 3+ years expereince in IT. NO knowledge of french. Though i work for the largest french bank..lol

Hi,

As rock saint said Vlerick is the known college in belgium. pls check website about fees.. regrading placements .. well the concept of placements is diff as we have in india.. what happens here are career fairs.. which is not exactly the same as indian mba placemenets ..

since you do not know french/dutch.. u will be be at disadvantage as french is one of the top languages if u work in brussels.. additionallly being non Eu also will hold some disadvantage becoz of work permits etc ..

its a good school in belgium..can say the best but ofcourse when you compare with insead and others it will be at best tier 2 ... also hiring in europe in mostly regional... so if u targeting Brussels/ Antwerp area this is your best bet ... learn french and maybe you do have good chance then..

Hi,

As rock saint said Vlerick is the known college in belgium. pls check website about fees.. regrading placements .. well the concept of placements is diff as we have in india.. what happens here are career fairs.. which is not exactly the same as indian mba placemenets ..

since you do not know french/dutch.. u will be be at disadvantage as french is one of the top languages if u work in brussels.. additionallly being non Eu also will hold some disadvantage becoz of work permits etc ..

its a good school in belgium..can say the best but ofcourse when you compare with insead and others it will be at best tier 2 ... also hiring in europe in mostly regional... so if u targeting Brussels/ Antwerp area this is your best bet ... learn french and maybe you do have good chance then..

thanks for the prompt reply..classes will be in english or french ?