GMAT after CAT

Hello every1, I took my GMAT 2 months back and managed to score 710 ( 35 VA and 50 Quant ). I would like to think i had an off day as i was consistently scoring in the 720 -730 range in my mocks. But then i decided to put it in the back-burner a…

Hello every1,
I took my GMAT 2 months back and managed to score 710 ( 35 VA and 50 Quant ). I would like to think i had an off day as i was consistently scoring in the 720 -730 range in my mocks. But then i decided to put it in the back-burner and channelize my energy towards CAT prep. I am appearing in CAT on 4th of Dec. Today morning i had an idea and i would like to know if i am being absolutely foolish or i may have a point . I am contemplating taking the GMAT again on 6th of Dec, my logic being, i can manage the quant part and a dedicated verbal study for CAT prepares me for GMAT as well.
All GMAT veterans , kindly help me out of my dilemma. Should i go ahead wid my plans or take my time and apply next year.

well honestly speaking i think u hav a v good score to apply 4 any international B school. even ISB also. and my suggestion would b to focus on ur application part. At this score u would surely get admission provided that u send strong applns.

And if u would tak GMAT again on 6th dec, i dont knw whether u would hav sufficient time 2 prepare 4 ur applns. What i knw of international schools is that they look more on the applns and given that u already have a good GMAT score, u can totally focus on CAT.

BTW i have a different issue. i gav GMAT on 1st sept. initial plans were that i would get a good score and then with 3 months to CAT i would prepare 4 that. But i scored just a 640 and i am retaking it in oct. I dont knw that after that i would be left with enough time 4 CAT. this worry is troubling me 4 so many days. bt i feel that i can elevate my score frm 640 to a decent total provided that i have enough time 4 applns and then would look 4 CAT. what would u suggest? i am quite confused.

well honestly speaking i think u hav a v good score to apply 4 any international B school. even ISB also. and my suggestion would b to focus on ur application part. At this score u would surely get admission provided that u send strong applns.

And if u would tak GMAT again on 6th dec, i dont knw whether u would hav sufficient time 2 prepare 4 ur applns. What i knw of international schools is that they look more on the applns and given that u already have a good GMAT score, u can totally focus on CAT.

BTW i have a different issue. i gav GMAT on 1st sept. initial plans were that i would get a good score and then with 3 months to CAT i would prepare 4 that. But i scored just a 640 and i am retaking it in oct. I dont knw that after that i would be left with enough time 4 CAT. this worry is troubling me 4 so many days. bt i feel that i can elevate my score frm 640 to a decent total provided that i have enough time 4 applns and then would look 4 CAT. what would u suggest? i am quite confused.

It depends on your priority..applicn will take up a hell lot of time. And it will hamper ur cat prep .. so i would suggest 2 take it after ur cat . Moreover even if u write it in oct, u"ll still apply in R2.. If us bschool is ur prority , then go ahead

thanks 4 ur reply. and yes i would b applyin in R2 only. the reason why i took a date is that i am still in flow and the dealines for some US and UK schools is still manageable even if i start applying after CAT, bt for some such as ISB and some US schools whose deadlines are in early dec, i would have to start the process. bt the prob is that i am still preparin 4 GMAT and have nt started much 4 CAT.

paruloberoi Says
thanks 4 ur reply. and yes i would b applyin in R2 only. the reason why i took a date is that i am still in flow and the dealines for some US and UK schools is still manageable even if i start applying after CAT, bt for some such as ISB and some US schools whose deadlines are in early dec, i would have to start the process. bt the prob is that i am still preparin 4 GMAT and have nt started much 4 CAT.

No point is applyn wid an average score.. So take ur time..I believe a strong application in latter rounds always wins over a comparatively weaker in earlier.. So its ur call.. Gud luck