GMAT Accuracy percentage

Hi All, I was wondering if any one has done any analysis on how much should be the accuracy level in Verbal section to cross the 700 Mark. what trend i have seen is if you have Q = 50 or 51 the any thing above 33 in Verbal will fetch you 7…

Hi All,

I was wondering if any one has done any analysis on how much should be the accuracy level in Verbal section to cross the 700 Mark.
what trend i have seen is if you have Q = 50 or 51 the any thing above 33 in Verbal will fetch you 700. But the question is how much should be the accuracy level to get 33 and above.

After looking at the post of certain high scores like 770(Q50 V46)
and 780(Q51 V47) one thing which confuses me is all have mentioned that there will be around 42-44 question in the verbal section. then how come there score for verbal is 46 and 47. I know that except GMAC no one exactly know the scoring procedure but those who have already given the exam can tell us from there Experience.

Again some one may say keep the target of 90% accuracy and you will achieve it but i was curious in knowing the lower limit for crossing 700.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi All,

I was wondering if any one has done any analysis on how much should be the accuracy level in Verbal section to cross the 700 Mark.
what trend i have seen is if you have Q = 50 or 51 the any thing above 33 in Verbal will fetch you 700. But the question is how much should be the accuracy level to get 33 and above.

After looking at the post of certain high scores like 770(Q50 V46)
and 780(Q51 V47) one thing which confuses me is all have mentioned that there will be around 42-44 question in the verbal section. then how come there score for verbal is 46 and 47. I know that except GMAC no one exactly know the scoring procedure but those who have already given the exam can tell us from there Experience.

Again some one may say keep the target of 90% accuracy and you will achieve it but i was curious in knowing the lower limit for crossing 700.

Thanks,
Gaurav

U should have asked this question in GMAT Query center instead of unnecessarily opening a new thread .
actually similar question was already answered , i shall repeat the answer for u here .
different question as different weightage , though few say initial 15 question have higher weightage .
nearly 30 percent of the question are experimental question , ie., around 13 questions out of 41 in verbal will not be count for ur final score . so on a very good day even if answer remaining 28 question correct and these 13experimental question wrong , u would still get 100% score , hope what can happen on bad day is understood .
Finally , all the i want to say is " do not worry about How it is scored , rather concentrate on how to improve your accuracy "
All the Best

Thanks ... And sorry for opening a new thread this was my first post and i was not aware abot the GMAT query center. neways will keep that in mind for future.

Can i infer from above that if on an average say 14 questions are wrong and its a mixture of 7 real and 7 experimental than i will be able to score above 33 in verbal. Which means

27/41 means 65 -70 % of accuracy in each section will be able to fetch me that target. Why i am so concerned about this is because right now my accuracy level in
SC = 50 % , CR = 70 % RC = 70 % by any means i will try to improve that to 80%- 90% in all sections. but suppose i screwup on D -day then i want to know what can be the lower limit by with i can screwup so that i can atleast touch the 700 mark.

Thanks