Gmat - 760 (q50, v41), awa 5.5

I am a little late in posting this but I gave my GMAT on May 11. I was on a vacation to India right after that so here I am back again. The books that I used in the order of there usefulness to me - 1. Manhattan SC 2. OG 11 3. OG 11 Verb…

I am a little late in posting this but I gave my GMAT on May 11. I was on a vacation to India right after that so here I am back again. The books that I used in the order of there usefulness to me -
1. Manhattan SC
2. OG 11
3. OG 11 Verbal Review
4. Powerscore CR
5. Kaplan 800
6. Manhattan Geometry
7. Online resources for probablity, permutations and combinatations.
8. Manhattan CR (I didnt read it at all, focused more on powerscore)
9. Princeton Verbal Review (I left this as well, another example of why quality rather than quantity)

For AWA I just read some online blogs and debriefings of people with some template structure.

I had the following scores in my prep exams
MGMAT1 - 590
MGMAT2 - 630
MGMAT3 - 700
GMATprep - 640
MGMAT4 - 710

I realized that the best way to prepare is find out your weak areas and then focus on those areas. Quality is MUCH more important than quantity. I was pretty weak in almost the entire verbal section which I came to know after some diagnostics. I never scored in the 40s in the verbal in my practice tests. I prepped up the SC section using the manhattan , the CR using the powerscore and RC - well, just reading articles newspapers, OG, OG verbal review.

In Quant section I always scored in the high 40s, but was not very comfortable with probability, permutations, combinations and inequalities. To learn about these I googled and learnt from wherever I could.

For some of the details of the D-Day and days leading up to the day - please read here - The D Day...

Congrats buddy,
Your approach was very dedicated and focussed one.
Appreciating your effort and thanks for sharing your journey.

Thanks a million!

I am a little late in posting this but I gave my GMAT on May 11. I was on a vacation to India right after that so here I am back again. The books that I used in the order of there usefulness to me -
1. Manhattan SC
2. OG 11
3. OG 11 Verbal Review
4. Powerscore CR
5. Kaplan 800
6. Manhattan Geometry
7. Online resources for probablity, permutations and combinatations.
8. Manhattan CR (I didnt read it at all, focused more on powerscore)
9. Princeton Verbal Review (I left this as well, another example of why quality rather than quantity)

For AWA I just read some online blogs and debriefings of people with some template structure.

I had the following scores in my prep exams
MGMAT1 - 590
MGMAT2 - 630
MGMAT3 - 700
GMATprep - 640
MGMAT4 - 710

I realized that the best way to prepare is find out your weak areas and then focus on those areas. Quality is MUCH more important than quantity. I was pretty weak in almost the entire verbal section which I came to know after some diagnostics. I never scored in the 40s in the verbal in my practice tests. I prepped up the SC section using the manhattan , the CR using the powerscore and RC - well, just reading articles newspapers, OG, OG verbal review.

In Quant section I always scored in the high 40s, but was not very comfortable with probability, permutations, combinations and inequalities. To learn about these I googled and learnt from wherever I could.

For some of the details of the D-Day and days leading up to the day - please read here - Thoughts and then some more...