Gmat 740

Hi All, Scored 740 (Q50,V39) on GMAT last week…would like to say thank you to all for the help provided umpteen number of times…pagalguy has been my sole source of inspiration…:slight_smile:

Hi All,
Scored 740 (Q50,V39) on GMAT last week.......would like to say thank you to all for the help provided umpteen number of times.............pagalguy has been my sole source of inspiration........:)

Hi Cyndrella,

Congratulations!! That's a great score and you must be thrilled!!

Do let us know your study plan as well as where all you apping 😃

Congo Gal...Gusshow !!

ATB for d applics....

Hi All,
Scored 740 (Q50,V39) on GMAT last week.......would like to say thank you to all for the help provided umpteen number of times.............pagalguy has been my sole source of inspiration........:)

Hello Cinderella (Cyndrella )

Congrats for the awesome score!

Wish you all the best for app'ing

Cheers,
Sumit (not Google).

Gr8 score Cyndrella...

Do share how you prepared and list of books u went through..

All the best for applying.

Hi All,
Thank You for all the wishes!This forum has indeed helped me a lot....
I had prepared for CAT-06 so was pretty fresh with Quant and English...But GMAT Verbal is more of practice and techniques than intelligence...:wow:Also,Quant needs a pretty high level of accuracy.....
I started my preparation in June but could not study on weekdays due to workload,so weekends were the key....5-6 hours...

First,I targeted SC as it is an area which does follow certain rules which need to be thoroughly understood...
I referred following books for Verbal:
1) OG 10 (I found this better than OG 11)
2) OG 11
3) Kaplan 800
4) Manhattan SC...found it very useful
5) 1000 Series CR,SC....I did only some of them but these are really good for practice especially the SC.
I did not refer any other book or online material for Verbal apart from these....
My accuracy in RC was low initially....referred OG and Kaplan 800.These helped me a lot to improve RC.

For Quant,it is important to be in touch with all the topics so that you don't lose speed. DS is a very vulnerable topic,requires concentration and practice so that you don't miss out a case which needs to be considered.
I found OG DS and PS pretty easy so didn't refer much of these....but rather referred CAT material for this...GMAT seems to be a piece of cake after this...

I solved 2 IMS tests at the start of my preparation but found them pretty substandard and not reflective of actual GMAT...so didn't solve anything further....

Did solve princeton tests but found its scoring pattern pretty ridiculous...but the Verbal was very good in these tests...I used these tests just to gain the ability to sit 3 hours at a stretch(this was my biggest weakpoint :()

Did not solve Kaplan tests as I had read n number of times that they are unnecessarily tough.But I did solve the section tests in the kaplan CD.

Solved GPrep:
1) 730
2) 750
Re-ran the setup and appeared again:
3) 760

Last one week B4 GMAT,I had taken an off from office...prepared full time...Just tried to focus on invidual topics as well as the entire paper.Improving accuracy was important to me at this time.

The D-DAY:
Reached the center 1 hour before.Tried to keep myself calm.Confidence is the key in GMAT...nothing is difficult...but you should feel confident during your preparation.
I had read just one Argument and 1 essay to get a feel of how the essays are to be written...was very happy when I got the
official scorecard (AWA 5.0)

Though I was very comfortable with GMAT english,couldn't score very well(V 39) probably,I lost concentration during the exam.But I was still happy with 740!
Few learnings:
1) Study proactively...if you are making mistakes,there is something probably you don't know...try to find out.
2) Don't get bogged down by your practice scores.Only GPrep reflects your actual score.Use it to the full.
Best Of Luck! :thumbsup: