GMAT 740 (V40 Q50) - disappointed

Hi guys Just gave my Gmat . got 740 …am dissappointed. was aiming for top schools ( h/s/w)…now probably have to rethink. any thoughts? thanks

Hi guys

Just gave my Gmat . got 740 ..am dissappointed. was aiming for top schools ( h/s/w)...now probably have to rethink.

any thoughts?

thanks

Hi guys

Just gave my Gmat . got 740 ..am dissappointed. was aiming for top schools ( h/s/w)...now probably have to rethink.

any thoughts?

thanks

just scoring high doesn't ensure an admit....there is more to whole process..profile,essays.. 740 is quite a competitive score..work well on ur essays ..m sure u will b through

All Gods here, but correct me if I am wrong 740 might not be 'Brahma Level Score, however you can count it to 'Krishna Level. sufficient with the Essays and excellent ref to get you into either of the colleges mentioned.
And with a score of 800 but poor essays and no refs, you might not even get an admission in any of the MBA college of the world !

So chillax, and start preparing your Essays and hit the doors !!!

Hi guys

any thoughts?

thanks

Excellent score. Sometimes it is hard to believe what I read on PagalGuy. Dude, you have an excellent score and is above the "average GMAT" score for all the top schools you have mentioned (H/S/W). In my opinion, you are making a big deal out of nothing. So, relax and start focusing on other elements of your apps. packet (essays, recommendations, etc). Now, you should keep in mind that your score is somewhere above the 95th percentile (not sure though), which any day would guanrantee you an admission if the other elements of your apps packet are strong. quit complaining and start enjoying. If I were you, I'd be the happiest man on planet earth..

Guys

Thanks for the encouraging words. I was not trying to be nitpicking here but rather was judgin my scores based on facts I read. "They" say for indian male , Gmat average is 750...i wonder if you guys have any thoughts on this. Fortunately, I am not from IT but from Investment management. So that may help a bit.

thanks

Guys

Thanks for the encouraging words. I was not trying to be nitpicking here but rather was judgin my scores based on facts I read. "They" say for indian male , Gmat average is 750...i wonder if you guys have any thoughts on this. Fortunately, I am not from IT but from Investment management. So that may help a bit.

thanks

That would help a lot provided you play it right and did some interesting stuff there.. Don't bother about 740. Its definitely a good score. As others above have mentioned, work on the essays and understand the game of admissions and the process. Score is more or less a hygiene factor. Beyond a certain point (740 is certainly above that certain point), its not all that important.

Check out the score range for students who join HBS, Wharton, Stanfy ....... they all say that most of the student (Wharton says 80%) were between 640 -760 ..... score is not the most imp thing.. once you have anything above 700 - 720... you are done with regard to GMAT ..... rest and the most important thing is your profile and reccos and the essay that make or break at a top univ

Good Luck to you