Gmat-740 (maths: 50 verbal 40)

bhai what a relief especially after this year Indian mba debacle and previous gmat attempt debacle. a straight 50 point improvement. and also on job front with a salary cut announced in my company. decided to forget all such shit stuf…

bhai what a relief especially after this year Indian mba debacle and previous gmat attempt debacle.

a straight 50 point improvement.

and also on job front with a salary cut announced in my company.
decided to forget all such shit stuff took 2-3 days off to regroup and in the last 2 months prepared well to get this. books referenced.

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

releived to see a score of 5.0/6.0 in AWA. especially when a tragic thing happened while writing an essay. after i completed my analysis of issue i decided to go thru it once to check for errors but lost track of time and suddenly the "Time has Expired" message on screen. in short couldn't confirm my AWA response was really tensed whether even a single keystroke wud be recorded or not. asked test administrator during the break he said it "may" have been saved. called up pearson USA helpline to know then they told me that after every 10secs their automatic saver code runs. so only last 10 seconds of my issue essay wud not get recorded. i was satisfied but "what if" doubt was always in mind. was afraid that it shudn't be a bad score otherwise this 740 wud get meaningless.

but a lot happy now i am. :cheerio::cheerio:. moral of the story do not do anything in the last minute in AWA this is my personal advice to ppl.

bhai what a relief especially after this year Indian mba debacle and previous gmat attempt debacle.

decided to f*** all such shit stuff took 2-3 days off to regroup and in the last 2 months prepared well to get this. books referenced.

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

Well done Taru:thumbsup:. All the best for applications:cheerio:

decided to forget all such shit stuff took 2-3 days off to regroup and in the last 2 months prepared well to get this. books referenced.

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

congratulations for achieving this.
Help me by advising me from where i`ll get Manhattan SC`s and cambridge material.

Thanks in Advance!

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

Great score ... thats what you need to shoot to the right school.... Would be very helpful if you could brief your strategy in second shot.... I have given my gmat and scored 680... now i am looking somewhere around 740... Thanks in advance...

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

Great score ... thats what you need to shoot to the right school.... It would be very helpful if you could brief your strategy in second shot.... I have given my gmat and scored 680... now i am looking somewhere around 740... Thanks in advance...

yes tarusardana, please elaborate ur study strategy and list of softwares used for prepration...
and wat was the diligent tweak u did to ur study to get such high score??

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

congratulations... !!!!!
Great score dude...?? which b-schools are you planning to apply ..??

I am taking GMAT on 12th of this month.
Any advise for me...??

Kaplan
Og-12
Manhattan Sc and tests
Cambridge
CAT material for qa

One more query...
I am concentrating on OG and kaplan...

I found OG a little easy (or may be average sometimes..)
but when I started with Kaplan... My accuracy really went for a toss..

Reading some reviews about Kaplan, I understood it was on the tougher side...

tarusardana,
My question to you is...
What is the level of GMAT as compared to OG and Kaplan???

gmat is a tougher compared to og and simpler compared to Kaplan
also lay ur hands on cambridge the tests will test ur concepts and are simpler and can serve as morale boosters. manhattan tests are best
. make it a habit to test for 4hrs coz actual exam mein 4hrs baithna hota hai. dont skip essays in mocks give them as well.

don worry abt. accuracy in Kaplan tests. Kaplan is tuff plus marking is harsh. i never scored above 620 in Kaplan and now i have a good score.

but look for how many u get wrong in first 20 ques. they will decide ur score level. later questions are for fine tuning like 710 or 720 but initial questions will decide 500-600 or 700-800 level.

One more query...
I am concentrating on OG and kaplan...

I found OG a little easy (or may be average sometimes..)
but when I started with Kaplan... My accuracy really went for a toss..

Reading some reviews about Kaplan, I understood it was on the tougher side...

tarusardana,
My question to you is...
What is the level of GMAT as compared to OG and Kaplan???

cambridge
manhattan
gmat prep
kaplan
veritas prep free online test

study on the trot for 4hrs. coz if u cant study 4hrs at home when u r comfortable then while taking gmat u will be under tremendous pressure.
and feel exhausted. pc normally log masti ke liye use karte hai music, chat , bak bak. even IT ppl (me one of them) kaam karte karte beech mein 10-15min mails aur chat kar hi lete hai or music.

yes tarusardana, please elaborate ur study strategy and list of softwares used for prepration...
and wat was the diligent tweak u did to ur study to get such high score??

wat was ur sectionals in previous attempt.
for maths since i have already taken cat once i didn do much to prepare it.
for english i read manhattan sc,cr. rc was also decent coz of cat.

preparation tests
gmat prep
kaplan
manhattan
cambridge
free tests like veritas, 800 score and anything available online

hemanth_28 Says
Great score ... thats what you need to shoot to the right school.... Would be very helpful if you could brief your strategy in second shot.... I have given my gmat and scored 680... now i am looking somewhere around 740... Thanks in advance...

Hi,
Congrats..
Can u plz share wht all tests u gave during ur preparation?U r score in those tests & how did u do ur analysis?
Congrats once again

cool man...congrats for the score...

im planning to give GMAT around november..1st timer...going to give CAT09 too..joined time..going to buy OG12 soon...ne tips for First Timer???

vl be buying OG12 & Kaplan for sure...what else do u think is required?????....

the list ur givin in ur replies i slightly changing one after another...can u provide the complete list once...would be very helpful...

thanks and congrats again...

Congrats dude!
740 is an awesome score ...

Would be good if you could shed some light on your background? Which colleges are you planning to apply?

May be you can also mention the D-Day experience ... As has been the PG tradition, each good-scorer describes his/her D-Day experience as well as what went behind getting that score!

Anyway, enjoy the apping process

Hi Champ,
Plz tell me the Cambridge material, which is there in study list.
Eagerly looking for help.

Hats Off to u!

"Manhattan Sc and tests" - could you let me know where can i get hold of this. I have a gmat test scheduled for next month.

manhattan sc is a book u need to purchase with it u will get a key to register for manhattan's 6 online tests.

u can also buy these from Manhattan

Hi,
Congratulations on the great score.
I am giving GMAT on the 30th of June. I had a query regarding giving the list of 5 colleges where the scores will be sent.

How do we select these colleges.
Do we need to know the GMAT codes for the colleges or only the names of the colleges will suffice. Is there a list of colleges which come or do we need to give the entire name.
Also, do we select these colleges before the test of after the test.

Thanks,
Vipul

there will be a search tool. u can search according to any combination of univ. name, country, college name etc.
no need for any codes

unfortunately these univ. have to be selected before starting the test. so make a rough
estimate of ur score according to ur preparation and select accordingly.

Hi,
Congratulations on the great score.
I am giving GMAT on the 30th of June. I had a query regarding giving the list of 5 colleges where the scores will be sent.

How do we select these colleges.
Do we need to know the GMAT codes for the colleges or only the names of the colleges will suffice. Is there a list of colleges which come or do we need to give the entire name.
Also, do we select these colleges before the test of after the test.

Thanks,
Vipul