GMAT 730 with bad Academics - Do I stand a chance?

Hey Guys, I am an Economics Graduate with 49.7% from Hansraj College, DU. Before that I had 87% in HSC, and 75% in SSC. Due to family problems I couldn’t take up a post grad course, and had to start working. I have 4 years of Experience n…

Hey Guys,

I am an Economics Graduate with 49.7% from Hansraj College, DU. Before that I had 87% in HSC, and 75% in SSC.
Due to family problems I couldn't take up a post grad course, and had to start working. I have 4 years of Experience now as a Business Analyst in Marketing and Operations with GE/Genpact.

However in my Third Year (2003) I did manage to take CAT and GMAT in 2004. I managed 97th %ile in CAT and then GMAT I got a score of 730. Again due to the problems I couldn't pursue studies further.

My Problem: Bad Score in Graduation...

Plan for resurrection: Pursuing B.Com Open Learning Delhi University. Also, MA Eco from Mumbai University again from correspondence. Idea behind these is to get good graduation score, also get a Masters Degree. I should be finished with these in next 2 years.

Query: Do you think I stand a chance of making it to one of the top universities(like London School of Business, Stanford) if I had a good score, double graduation, and a postgrad, with good Analytics Experience of almost 6 years?
I don't have any doubts in my capability... the only miss was when we had our problems....Just wanted to know if these setbacks won't hamper my chances if I start to study again.

Please do give me a genuine advise. It can change my life.

Here are my two cents-:Undergrad acads do matter, however they are not THE factor in a B-skool admit. Your GMAT scores, work exp , extra curricular activities all make up your application. An average undergrad performance can be offset with a score as yours(730) and the kind of experience you have. You just have to package your application to highlight your strengths and downplay your weaknesses. On the positive side, your profile is differerent from the most of the applications from India-Indian IT Male. Believe me, this makes one hell of a difference in your application. You will be very competitve at most skools, provided you market and sell yourself in the right mannerAll the best, dude.cheersV

Hey Guys,

I am an Economics Graduate with 49.7% from Hansraj College, DU. Before that I had 87% in HSC, and 75% in SSC.
Due to family problems I couldn't take up a post grad course, and had to start working. I have 4 years of Experience now as a Business Analyst in Marketing and Operations with GE/Genpact.

However in my Third Year (2003) I did manage to take CAT and GMAT in 2004. I managed 97th %ile in CAT and then GMAT I got a score of 730. Again due to the problems I couldn't pursue studies further.

My Problem: Bad Score in Graduation...

Plan for resurrection: Pursuing B.Com Open Learning Delhi University. Also, MA Eco from Mumbai University again from correspondence. Idea behind these is to get good graduation score, also get a Masters Degree. I should be finished with these in next 2 years.

Query: Do you think I stand a chance of making it to one of the top universities(like London School of Business, Stanford) if I had a good score, double graduation, and a postgrad, with good Analytics Experience of almost 6 years?
I don't have any doubts in my capability... the only miss was when we had our problems....Just wanted to know if these setbacks won't hamper my chances if I start to study again.

Please do give me a genuine advise. It can change my life.