Gmat 730 - Q50, V40

Hi All I got done with my GMAT last week. Scored a 730, which was a little disappointing - considering that I was looking @ doing a 750 and felt I was on course for it as well. I made a major blunder on exam day - I didn’t finish my exam…

Hi All

I got done with my GMAT last week. Scored a 730, which was a little disappointing - considering that I was looking @ doing a 750 and felt I was on course for it as well.

I made a major blunder on exam day - I didn't finish my exam. I had about 10 mins for my last 5 English questions, but lost my way.

I chose the answer for the last question but by the time I could confirm it with a "Yes", the time ran out. That probably made the difference between a potential 740/750 and the 730 I got.

Was mighty pissed off at myself, but guess nothing can be done now.
Would try to put my best foot forward and app to my dream schools.

My advice to folks who are going to take the exam in the future - even if time runs out on exam day, please make sure you answer ALL the questions. The questions at the end probably do not have much weight in score, but if you do not finish the exam, the penalty is high.

PS: Incidentally, I made the same mistake in GMATPrep II but did not learn from it. :(
Cheers
MBA_FALL_09

Preparation:

My prep was very short but intensive. I started off with a GMATPrep test and scored a 710. Did an analysis of the paper and found out the following.

6 out of my 7 mistakes in quant were in data sufficiency.
6/10 english mistakes were in SC.

So, I spent about 4 days doing the DS section in OG and the Manhattan GMAT SC guide.

Took a GMATPrep test again a day before my exam and scored 740.

People who have very little time left for the exam but want to improve a few points in that time, can use this as a pointer.

All the very best to all of you!

Hi
congrats for 730
its a pretty decent score
well m givin my gmat on 17, so like 8 days left
I am a lil confused, coz m kinda done wid all the books
cud u temme wah shud be done in last 8 days to improve my scores
please note that my gmatprep1 & 2 have been 710 and 720
done wid manhattan sc, og 11, kaplan premier, kaplan 800
given 2 kaplan cats also, got 550 and 620
but i dun think kaplan tests refelect real gmat in any way
nehow ill be glad if u cn help me out.

730 is a good score ! best of luck

Hi All

I got done with my GMAT last week. Scored a 730, which was a little disappointing - considering that I was looking @ doing a 750 and felt I was on course for it as well.

I made a major blunder on exam day - I didn't finish my exam. I had about 10 mins for my last 5 English questions, but lost my way.

I chose the answer for the last question but by the time I could confirm it with a "Yes", the time ran out. That probably made the difference between a potential 740/750 and the 730 I got.

Was mighty pissed off at myself, but guess nothing can be done now.
Would try to put my best foot forward and app to my dream schools.

My advice to folks who are going to take the exam in the future - even if time runs out on exam day, please make sure you answer ALL the questions. The questions at the end probably do not have much weight in score, but if you do not finish the exam, the penalty is high.

PS: Incidentally, I made the same mistake in GMATPrep II but did not learn from it. :(
Cheers
MBA_FALL_09

Hi Buddy,
Kudos for your score !
Do share your journey and the kind of school you are looking.

Hi Puys,

I am preparing for GMAT and targeting for taking the test in Jan.

Can anyone please tell me which practice tests to take other than GmatPrep which I downloaded from mbacom.