GMAT 720 Work Ex 14 months Acads dull :(( Need Help!!!

Hi All !!! Need some good help on what course of action i shall take. My Profile: GMAT Score 720 (Q50 V37) Work experience 14 months to date in an IT firm. Planning for Fall 07 (Which means my work-ex will be around 1.5 Yrs at t…

Hi All !!!

Need some good help on what course of action i shall take.
My Profile:

GMAT Score 720 (Q50 V37)
Work experience 14 months to date in an IT firm.

Planning for Fall 07 (Which means my work-ex will be around 1.5 Yrs at the time of application and just about 2 yrs at session start (God Only Knows if it starts with me enrolled))

But thats not the only thing bothering me, in fact the problem just begins here:

My Academic profile:

Xth 83%
XII 74%
B.Tech 63% (Still worse (read WORST) had to repeat one subject of final year, causing delay in egree by one batch)

I really don't know which schools i stand chances at or if I stand any chances at all :nervous:

I know most would advise me to wait for another year and then apply, however i wish to give it a shot this time. If it doesnt work..there shall always be another time.

It shall be great I could get a realistic evaluation of the profile. And if anybody feels MBA wont be just a dream with this kind of background which b-schools shall i target in US/Europe/AsiaPacific.

Thanks in advance,
Prahlaad Vishnu.

Hi All !!!

B.Tech 63% (Still worse (read WORST) had to repeat one subject of final year, causing delay in egree by one batch)

Thanks in advance,
Prahlaad Vishnu.

Hi Prahlad, i would advice you take increase your work ex. ur gmat is good and may compensate for your acads. if u have substantial work-ex things may turn in your favor. as u have 14 months work ex now, u will have 24 months by the time u join. this is not very common i schools in US. atleast 36 months is expected. my advice gain an additional year and work for your essays.

I really don't know which schools i stand chances at or if I stand any chances at all :nervous:

You seem to be knowing your drawbacks Well, take online courses from Berkeley/UCLA if possible or some other kind of certification. Your GMAT has already off-set their doubts on your academic potential. But the top schools want more than an Indian Engineer with a high GMAT. Focus what else you can bring to the table.

I know most would advise me to wait for another year and then apply, however i wish to give it a shot this time. If it doesnt work..there shall always be another time.

You already seem to be knowing that. So what is the question here ?

It shall be great I could get a realistic evaluation of the profile. And if anybody feels MBA wont be just a dream with this kind of background which b-schools shall i target in US/Europe/AsiaPacific.

Aha ! Finally your question

See its not possible for *anyone* - in this forum, in real-life - ANYWHERE to give you a list of schools for your profile. Or ANY profile. So do some research on colleges. Focus on what their average age, undergrad gpa and gmat scores are. Based on that proceed to find if those colleges meet your aspirations to do an MBA in the first place. Having done this research come up with your first list of colleges. I am sure that there will be hell lot of things that we would end up saying/advicing once you give us that.

Hope this helps,

Arun

Hi arun

I have a question as to what kind of online courses should one pursue from Berkley/UCLA I mean could u please throw some light on the same....

Thank you