:: Finally gave the exam on 15 August and scored 710. Quant - 50, Verbal - 36 scaled scores. I’m so relieved that I was able to manage a decent score. Now begins the tedious part of applications I would like to thank all Pagalguy fo…
Finally gave the exam on 15 August and scored 710. Quant - 50, Verbal - 36 scaled scores. I'm so relieved that I was able to manage a decent score. Now begins the tedious part of applications :P
I would like to thank all Pagalguy forum members who contributed to the discussion threads in the GMAT subforum, you guys really helped me out esp with the verbal section which I was really scared of!
Also, one tip I'd like to give others is that the Quant level of the actual GMAT is nowhere near what I found in most of the practice books! It was wayyy tougher! (but I like Maths, so it was no problem )
Anyway, here are the list of resources I used:
1. OG 11 - decent for Verbal practice.
2. Kaplan GMAT Study Guide - Really helpful for tough quant questions. Also the scoring for the practice tests mentioned at the end really helps you know how the GMAt works.
3. Manhattan SC Guide - Definitely required if you need to work on SC!
4. GMAT Prep - I really didn't like this book, it had a fair number of practice tests but it also had a few solutions that were wrong/typos.
5. GMAT Prep CD - This is, hands down, the most important if you want to get a good score. I was averaging 690-720 on the practice tests here. And the level of questions was very similar to the actual GMAT.
Once again, thanks to all the Pagalguy members.
Congrats Sam for the great show!!!!!!!!
I've got a few schools in mind, mostly in the US though. Aiming for a to-20 at least.
My friend gave his GMAT on 14th of August and said the exact same things.
I am giving mine on 3rd sept. fingers crossed.